Hey Governing Body, if you're not too busy.....

by The Fall Guy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

.....can you clarify one of your doctrines for me?

You say that the "woman" in Revelation 12 is God's heavenly organization - comprising all of the angels:

re chap. 27 p. 178 par. 6 - "What a fitting symbol of Jehovah’s magnificent heavenly organization!" pe chap. 13 p. 117 par. 13 - “The woman,” therefore, represents God’s organization of faithful heavenly creatures. it-2 p. 187 - It would follow that the “woman” is God’s “wife,” the “Jerusalem above,”

But Revelation 12:6 says "..the woman fled into the wilderness, (away from the dragon!) where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days."

So let me get this straight: you're saying that myriads of God's angels did an impersonation of Usain Bolt and ran off in the other direction when confronted by lil' ol' Satan???

Sheesh! Looks like 2019 might be a good time for a "new light" on this one.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I believe that Rev 12:6 and 14 is referring to the birth of the kingdom leading to the casting Satan out of the heavens. The woman would be cared for in the wilderness.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I can see you ask an elder this question and then watch his eyes roll back into his head and after a small seizure. Look back at you and quickly respond “why do you ask, are you an apostate?”

• waton
    waton

Wt's way out was,-- that the woman, who after all is supposed to be the nearly immortal assembly of myriads and myriads of angels, is being represented by her earthly servants (Rutherford et al). It is they that were chased by Satan'.

( they then taught "world has ended, Millions now living will never die" they deserved to be chased right out right there and then. right? imho.

a "way out" explanation in more sense than one.

Good to show to the new crop of tablet elders.

• oppostate
    oppostate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt

What do Christadelphians think???

• oppostate
    oppostate

Then again the Catholics think it's Mary.

Woman of the Apocalypse - Wikipedia

Wikipedia
    The Virgin of Guadalupe has been depicted as the Woman of the Apocalypse since the 16th century.
  • Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    So let me get this straight: you're saying that myriads of God's angels did an impersonation of Usain Bolt and ran off in the other direction when confronted by lil' ol' Satan???

The answer to your question is in the Revelation climax book, Chapter 27, Para 23

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101988027#h=33

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Dearyweather - this is the org's get-out-of-jail-free card:

Later in this vision, we are informed that Satan expresses his rage toward the woman by persecuting her seed. (Revelation 12:17) What happens to the woman’s seed here on earth may be regarded as happening to the woman herself.

The cult is notorious for using double-speak to cover up their corruptions of what is actually said in scriptures. Revelation 12:6 explicitly says, "And the woman fled into the wilderness..."

It does not say - or infer - "And the woman's seed/earthly children/remnant fled into the wilderness..."

They should change their denominational name to Janus Witnesses - two-faced!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Round and round we go.

Where the bullsh*t stop no one knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit