The luck of the draw.

by atomant 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    lf you were unlucky enough to be born into the JW sect the chances are high that you became a witness.The same applies to most things in life.lf you were lucky enough to be born into a very rich family the chance is that you to will be rich.lf you were born into a third world impoverished family chances are you will suffer your entire life.My point is there is always someone worse off than you.The mere fact that your reading this means you are probably better off than roughly a third of the worlds population.A person dies every 4 seconds of hunger or hunger related causes and yet there is plenty of food available for everyone.So really its just a matter of keeping a proper prospective on things.Theres a lot to be said about a PMA (positive mental attitude).
  • St George of England
    St George of England

"To be born an Englishman means you have already won first prize in the lottery of life" - Cecil Rhodes

George

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I agree there are so many ways our lives can be messed up by chance and bad luck. Poverty, corrupt governments where we are born, lack of good healthcare. A cult is just one of them and we can change most of the consequences of that.

What really annoys most of us I think is that hunger, disease, natural disasters and so on are real but our lives have been messed up by pure fantasy, our parents teaching us to give up on life because Satan is in charge.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

And of course that it's not worth fighting to change these inequalities.....which it always is.

i believe humanity will get there in the end...,I guess that's a bit of PMA?!

• Heaven
    Heaven

"The luck of the draw" is definitely true for the religion/belief system someone is born into. This is not a choice a child is allowed to make. It is thrust upon them. A child born in the middle east is unlikely to be a Christian. It is only as we grow up and become better informed that we realize we have been manipulated. For me, this is just one of the many reasons that refutes the existence of God. Some many different flavours of faith/belief. And all with their 'My god is better than your god' underlying theme.

Everyone has choices they can make in life.

"If you don't like what you got, why don't you change it?

If your world is all screwed up, re-arrange it.

Raise a little hell, raise a little hell, raise a little hell" -- Trooper

I think it is a human responsibility to try to make our world a better place. Because we know there are those that are only out for themselves.

"When we do go, we feel good."

And just for the record... I was born into the pseudo-Christian religion Jehovah's Witnesses... but I am NOT a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit