Have you seen Hereditary (2018)? ... spoilers!

by LoveUniHateExams 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, I saw Hereditary (2018) recently.

It's Ari Aster's debut movie, pretty good for a first film.

What did you think of it?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I just watched it last night. Not your average horror flick. It goes in directions that completely fooled me till the very end. The cast was terrific, especially Toni Collette (one of my favorite actresses). Great attention to detail, and truly chilling

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yeah, it's pretty well made. The director made it because it was his project, his baby.

A bit different to how Hollywood usually operates (marketing, merchandise, money-grabbing sequels, money-grabbing reboots, etc.).

I watched the film alone at 10 pm. It creeped me out several times and there was one scene near the end that was pretty shocking.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

It was not bad. I just watched Suspiria last night. Not as good as this one but had a neat twist.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

It's a true horror/mystery/thriller. I watched it because I'm a big fan of Toni Collette, but found the rest of the cast held their own against her, which made it superior to most horror films. The attention to detail was fantastic, and the twists in the plot made it impossible to guess the ending. It was also sufficiently horrifying for anyone's taste. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yep, I'd recommend it too.

I'm not sure where it stands among great horror films but it's pretty creepy.

It had me checking my peripheral vision afterwards XD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit