When the CO comes a knocking.

by Thisismein1972 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I was going to reply to another thread, but thought this might deserve a separate topic.

My observations when I was a still in.

The announcement that Jesus Christ (the CO) is visiting our local KH.

Would anyone like to "volunteer" their time, money and accommodation for Jesus Christ.

All ass lickers of said KH come forward to receive Jesus Christ.

A concerted effort for ALL to be out in the ministry that week, along with panicking elders visiting homes of those who have not been at the meetings for at least a week, offering "encouragement" so that the number of attendance is up for the week visit.

The self righteous in the KH who would never speak to you (pioneers included) and look down their noses at you all of a sudden start to speak to you.

During the visit, the elders are on their best behavior, Thanking everyone who answers up. The pioneers are martyring themselves by making cakes and practically washing the feet of the Jesus Christ.

The attendance does rise, with studies being brought along, to show Jesus Christ what a good little JW they are.

Most indoctrinated JW's practically shoot each other to have a turn on the ministry with Jesus Christ!

Then Jesus Christ goes forward to roam the earth (drive off in a car provided by the watchtower from the funds of those who just had the week visit) and continue his ministry with his wife!

Everything goes back to normal. Attendance drops, those who look down their nose at you, resume this behavior, elders start browbeating and avoiding to help others.

The floor is open, I invite more comments on your observations.

P.S. Note the use of Jesus Christ. This is my observations on how the rank and file treat the CO when he comes to visit. I call it the Jesus complex.

• Londo111
    Londo111

So true.

• blondie
    blondie

We have talked to COs that are aware of this phenomenon. Many suckups appear when they come; try to run things by them the elders won't support.

I was talking to an inactive jw this weekend and it came to mind this scripture that so many jws forget or shove out of their mind or find an excuse for why hating their fellow worshipper is justified. Using a scripture they say they live by not promoting Christianity.

1 John 4:20

• 20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.+ For the one who does not love his brother,+ whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.+

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I object to the JC analogy,

Bible says that JC had a few women following and ministering to him,

COs have WAY more,

:0)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Ah yes, the green handshakes as well.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Londo111. This was one of the many things that had me in the process of waking up. One of the "exemplary" pioneers in my previous KH had a collection for the CO. Me at the time being still indoctrinated thought this was so wrong. Although I never sucked up to the CO, I did truly believe he was a humble servant of god (Ironically why I never sucked up to him) I was shocked when he was handed this money and honestly thought he would put this straight back into "kingdom interests!"

Little did I know at the time that this is now actually a regular occurrence.

P.S. On the subject of the exemplary pioneer. She just happened to be the most evil person I have ever had the misfortune of knowing.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have observed an undoubtable fact all my life:

The week of the CO visit (or an assembly or convention or memorial too for that matter) brings out the biggest attendances.

BUT the very next meeting has the LOWEST attendances ever! It is almost as if witnesses are so exhausted from the "special week of activity" that they either get sick or are just too tired to keep it up the following week! (Thought it was supposed to be a week to "spur everyone on to better service??)

Anyone else notice this??

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

I have know a few co's with a God complex or at least they came across that way, I guess after years of ever changing faces brown nosing them and being over the top friendly and trying to get their attention they must feel like rock stars and some of them let it show, man I hated the cocky attitude of some, the cong always laughed at any attempt at humor (except the wives of the co's) and the pompous importance they oozed, in the real world they are nobody's and I guess they want to retain their status,

Not all co's are created equal tho, there were a couple of genuine humble human beings that you could almost tell had the meekness and warmth of JC

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When the CO comes a knocking.

Tell the WBT$ Corporate Bum to Get a Job..

Image result for businessman begging for money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit