This is how desperate they are

by Anony Mous 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So, back in the day, when you had an 'unruly child' and/or family members, your privileges were removed pretty much instantly right? My entire childhood I had to hear about how me being bad in the hall or someone telling the elders about what's happening at our home, that's making it so my stepfather never gets or keeps appointments. So always be good, don't tell anyone anything, so the men can become servants and elders and the women pioneers.

So I hear this about an elder family that pretty much broke apart. 16yo skipped school and got pregnant she got df'ed obviously but baby comes to the hall, the older one runs away from home to live with boyfriend. The mother elderette still looking to talk to the kids.

And this isn't the only one, in a similar situation another person I used to know made servant a while ago but their kids grew up are now teenagers and are getting reproved (unbaptized publisher), but they all keep their position, because apparently there aren't enough men to do the job anymore.

Even better, all of them PIMI parents and kids are looking to become pioneers for the summer.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Agreed.

I believe one of the major problems that the Organization is dealing with is - not enough elders to go around.

The congregation I used to attend is now dissolved, and I believe that is happening all over the world in the advanced countries (third world countries might be the exception).

Not only are Witnesses in general leaving, thus congregation sizes are being reduced and then merged together, but servants and elders are in short supply as well.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

And nkt only a shortage of members but the ones who stay won't want the workload that goes with the higher privileges. Thats an insane amount of work for a small group of men. I've only seen one hall dissolved and the only reason they were allowed to give was "not enough elders". That was back in 2008 or so in hermitage Missouri. 14 years ago or more they didn't have enough so I do believe that its worse now and their standards are dropping. Nkt gonna lie if they payed I might go be an elder or something. Acting has always been fun 🤣🤣

• hoser
    hoser

The watchtower is a top down bureaucratic high control organization. That’s why the workload is so high for elders and no one wants to do it anymore. They made their bed and now they have to lie in it. They could run a much more efficient business if they didn’t have so many rules.

The other thing affecting volunteers is blue collar workers in the organization. Who wants to drive a bus, mop floors or pull wrenches all day and then have more to do on the weekends and evenings. You’re tired out at the end of the day. Why? Because you were told not to go to college and get an office job that you are home by 5 pm and not physically tuckered out.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

This happened to me in I was in. I was working on my Master's and because of it my father and I where both removed to serve in the Kingdumb Hall. Just a few years before my father passed away and no one was reaching out for " privilege " in the hall now they wanted both my father and I to serve after years of being removed. My father and I did not do or except any privileges. As far we where concern let them figure it out.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

So, back in the day, when you had an 'unruly child' and/or family members, your privileges were removed pretty much instantly right?

My experience was that there were always the favored families and the unfavorable families. I saw what you say you experienced and what those other families get away with simultaneously in every congregation I was ever in... I've been in 10-15 congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit