Hope someone does a documentary on JWs the same way Leah Remini did on Scientology

by HappyBlessedFree 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

I will be eternally grateful to Leah Remini for her docuseries on Scientology. It is what helped me to start waking up and seeing the org for what it is. I remember thinking huh “they call it disconnecting, we do the same thing. They aren’t allowed to look at anything that speaks negatively about the religion, we do that too. They spend hours studying, reading literature, attending conventions, so do we!” She did her series in such a series and respectful way that when the episode about JWs aired she had already earned my trust and it was the first “apostate” media that I had EVER looked at after being a witness for 25 years.

I hope that people like John Cedars could continue and make a docuseries with Leah’s help and backing. It would be amazing!!!! One can only hope!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If you haven`t already read it HBF (sorry it sounds like a health fund ) I would recommend you purchase "Captives of A Concept" by Don Cameron an ex elder .,cheap as chips on line. LULU? and what about JW facts.com ?

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

And not only do I hope that someone does it, but I also hope that it's either aired on ABC, NBC, or CBS. Other channels are fine, but it would definitely be seen by the most people on one of those 3. I know for a fact that my folks would have seen Leah's episode had it been on ABC instead of A&E.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I believe Leah Remini did do a special on Jehovah's Witnesses which aired Nov. 15th last year on A&E

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

HappyBlessedFree, Elizabeth Vargas does an A&E documentary series called Cults and Extreme Belief. Season 1, Episode 2 is about Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Sexual Abuse.

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

Thank you Smiddy I will look that up. Yes Jwfacts was my other lifesaving helper, and still is.

Yeeeeess Tate a major network would be a game changer! One can only hope.

Vander, yes she did but one episode but that was not enough. I want a whole series from A to Z.

SailAway, I’m going to have to watch that, thanks for sharing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit