Strength and Stamina

by Sentinel 3 Replies latest social physical

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

We women need to keep ourselves as fit as possible as we age. It helps circulation, bone strength, and energy levels.

I have been working out three times a week at a women's fitness center, after I leave work for the day. I had to learn all about the machines and the most efective methods to get results. (I couldn't afford to have a personal trainer, so I became my own trainer, and I don't let myself get away with too much.)Four months later, I am really beginning to see a difference. I purposely have not gone on any type of diet. I've lost about eleven inches all over, and I'm sleeping better. I can move more fluidly and without so much pain.

I began doing this because my Fibromyalgia had me feeling like the tin man, rigid and stiff all the time, with painful joints, no energy and very low stamina. This just wasn't "me" and I had allowed this condition to rule my life. Now I feel more in control. I do the treadmill to warm up and then I work the machines, and then cool down on the treadmill. I have a long way to go, but this is a start. I feel much better about myself.

I highly recommend it to all.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Okay, but I'm going to be wary of getting on your bad side now Sentinel. Sounds like you could whip my butt!

• Shakita
    Shakita

Wow...I give you alot of credit.

When I get home from work at night, I have no energy left. I eat and crash on the couch. I know that this is not good, and maybe when my new job gets a little less stressful (I won't hold my breath), I will try to put more effort to be more like you. You are my new hero. Keep up the good work, seems like it is paying off for you.

Shakita

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I don't think you could ever get on my "bad side", Rocketman. You are such a nice guy and always say the nicest things. Twenty years ago, I used to be able to stand on one leg, and kick straight out--sort of the Kung Fu maneuver; whereas, right now, I'm lucky to be able to stand on one leg. ....but, I'm getting there.

Shakita, believe me when I say that this is something I do because I know it has to be done, so that I can be the best I can be. After I get off work, I was just like you, whipped and had only enough strength to get dinner and do what had to be done around the house. Then it was to the lounge chair. At first I could only barely handle thirty pounds on the machines. Now I am over sixty pounds. I am one of the few older ladies there.

I paid the money to do this, so I knew it was a commitment I would keep. When you decide to make that commitment, you just have to put yourself first, even above your own "temptations" to let a session go by. I'm a bit compulsive by nature, but in a good way. Once I get going in a routine, it becomes part of that day's "to do" list. No matter how tired I am when I get there, afterwards on the way to my car, I give myself a little pat on the back. You are so sweet to call me your "hero". I don't believe I've ever been called that in my entire life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit