Witnesses desperate for news to feel good about themselves

by joker 10 Replies latest jw friends

• joker
    joker

I have a relative who is a "dyed in the wool true blue jw" and yesterday he sent me this link with the jw method of evaluating the news " more to come !

sounds like they're grasping at straws now to put meat on their failed prophecy bones.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2017/02/23/family-christian-stores-close/98310234/

• snowbird
    snowbird

This is just an economic reality.

Here, in Alabama, entire shopping centers are closing.

Something similar awaits WT, and were it not for unpaid labor, it would have happened much sooner.

Unpaid labor and tax-exempt status, that is.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have a relative who is a "dyed in the wool true blue jw" and yesterday he sent me this link with the jw method of evaluating the news

Family Christian — a nonprofit retailer based in Grand Rapids with outlets in 36 states — announced today it is closing after 85 years.

How many Charity Outlets or Soup Kitchens does the Watchtower have to worry about closing..

Zero..

Image result for Greedy pig

WatchTower Has Never Had Any..

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Funny how they found this article and sent it to you, but if you sent them the one about the ARC, what would be their reaction. When witnesses send links about failures of other religious places, they are showing you....See, if they had Jehovah's blessing this wouldn't have happened....

Right now JW's are so in need of some good news about them. The cards are stacking up against them...I haven't seen the tv commercials about law firm reaching out to JW's about child abuse...the walls are closing in on them....the internet is running faster than they can put out the fire....

The entire world is getting kudos for helping this one and helping that one....young people helping one another, folks travelling all over the world to help others and the media is picking it up....so what about witnesses...as you now many need validation...(that's why they report whatever they do)...and so because they are attention hogs, even if they act like they aren't they are....JW's are wondering...what are we doing? Everyone in the world is trying to help, but what are we doing...just handing out paper....

Since this is God's org...wait on Jehovah...for some good news to feel good about yourselves.....haha...

Tor

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The entire world is getting kudos for helping this one and helping that one....young people helping one another, folks travelling all over the world to help others and the media is picking it up....so what about witnesses...as you now many need validation...(that's why they report whatever they do)...and so because they are attention hogs, even if they act like they aren't they are....JW's are wondering...what are we doing? Everyone in the world is trying to help, but what are we doing...just handing out paper...

At so many meetings, the line about really helping people is used. "If you really want to help people, you do not give time or money to charity, you go in the ministry."

Looking this nonsense up in old WT's, they actually linked helping charity to this (WT Aug 15, 1960, p 488):

What are we to think, then, about what is popularly called the “social gospel”? Is reforming the world the work of Christians? There is no doubt that much time could be spent on efforts toward social reform. Some persons, for instance, might spend their whole lives combating some vice such as gambling, prostitution or alcoholism. Trying to clean up the world’s entertainments, movies, books and magazines, could consume our life energies. What great energies could be expended fighting poverty and delinquency! Seeing the world in a frightful mess, the Christian wonders: How can I do the most good?

Why did Paul refuse to waste precious time on the “social gospel”? Because he knew that Jehovah God through his kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ would blot out economic, industrial and social slavery at the war of Armageddon

To try to bring about this result by any other way will not only fail but be out of harmony with the will of God. God is not going to reform this world; he is going to destroy it. This evil world is not a friend of God; “whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.” (Jas. 4:4) To join in with this world’s programs of reform, preaching the “social gospel” instead of the Kingdom good news, places one at enmity with God.

• NikL
    NikL

Funny how they found this article and sent it to you, but if you sent them the one about the ARC, what would be their reaction. When witnesses send links about failures of other religious places, they are showing you....See, if they had Jehovah's blessing this wouldn't have happened....

You took the words outta my mouth tor

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

If the Organization had to rely on book, magazine, and paraphernalia sales, they would be gone by now.

• LV101
    LV101

I like this topic and the comments but wish I could be as optimistic about the ole W/T's demise. It's difficult to comprehend any financial woes when they've had everything handed to them with upkeep included.

I wish we had some evidence of their financial status.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Can't make a living selling Bibles anymore?

Well, ain't that just the pot calling the kettle black!

• blondie
    blondie

*** w74 1/15 p.54 pars.23-24***

But what does Jeremiah 25:34, 35 say about this? Concerning what will happen to Christendom’s leaders just as concerning what was to befall the Jewish leaders shortly after Jerusalem’s fall in 607 B.C.E., it says: “Howl, you shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, you majestic ones of the flock, because your days for slaughtering and for your scatterings have been fulfilled, and you must fall like a desirable vessel!”

So it is not a slow fading away by loss of members that brings the end of Christendom’s false religions and their clergy. Instead, just as a beautiful vase, a “desirable vessel,” suddenly falls from its pedestal, to the dismay of its onlookers, so the clergy and their false religion have a sudden, surprising crash to destruction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit