A Chief of police who is shunned

by Giordano 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I have enjoyed a series of books by Linda Castillo.

The main character is Chief of Police Kate Burkholder. She was born Amish but left in her late teens. She gets her life in order and becomes a police woman. She joins the police force in the area and town that she grew up in. The series starts with her when she becomes the Chief of police.

There's a lot of Amish who are compelled to shun her. And a lot of crimes going on.

“‘A gun-toting, cursing, former Amish female chief of police' stars in this excellent first in a new suspense series . . . Adept at creating characters with depth and nuance, Castillo smoothly integrates their backstories into a well-paced plot that illuminates the divide between the Amish and ‘English' worlds.”

Publishers Weekly (starred review).

There is about six or seven books in the series so if you start at Sworn to Silence and enjoy it..........it's like 'money in the bank'.

This is not a Romance novel they are well written often violent thrillers.

If you have a series you enjoy this would be a good thread to share.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin other ways knows as Game of Thrones. I had read the books before it made it to tv. The books are so much more involved. How someone can come up with such complicated and thrilling story lines and keep it together throughout is amazing.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Needtoknow maybe the best reading experience....eve at least for me.

HBO got the visuals.....I agree the books were far better then the TV show.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NeedToKnow - "How someone can come up with such complicated and thrilling story lines and keep it together throughout is amazing."

Martin has help, in the form of the "Wiki of Ice and Fire" fan site.

Seriously, he uses it all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit