Jehovah's Witness Church Release Statement

by truthseekeriam 58 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo
    I wonder if it's up on jaydubyadotorgasm in the news section next to the article about the Australian Royal Commission ...?
  • ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    Mebbe its about the $$$$$$$$$
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I wonder, if Prince gets a "witness" funeral, will it be the generic 'sales pitch' funeral talk or will the 'brother' be able to actually say something about the person instead of delivering the jw infomercial?

Probably depends on how much $$$$ Prince left to the borg!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Huh.

Maybe he did leave them some money.

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

Do they know something we mere mortals don't? . . What happens if the results of Prince's death is from Drug abuse, as some of the speculation says (don't get me wrong, I hope not!!! I liked Prince.) . . . But will they retract the statement? Make excuses for him or themselves?

. . I think they may have been a little previous in releasing a statement, it may come back to bite them on the bum!

• millie210
    millie210

They have a "proviso" in the statement.

the part about not having details as to cause of death.

it is obviously a statement drafted by the legal department.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why do they appear to make massive concessions when it comes to celebrities?

Prince, the Williams sisters ?? They seem to get away with far more than you or I could ever dream of getting away with. Fashion, lifestyle choices, career choices.

The WT are friggin hypocites they will bend the rules depending on how much money you bring in, it's that simple.

It's a scam people, wake up!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They didn't allow us to have my Dad's memorial in the Hall because he wasn't baptized yet, even though he bled to death because he signed the "no blood" paperwork before having open heart surgery. This happened a matter of months before the began allowing "Blood Fractions" that would have been enough to save him.

The brothers said he'd be resurrected because he died faithful to Jehovah but because he wasn't baptized, they couldn't allow us to use the Hall even though he was a clean living, good and exemplary man they'd known and associated with for decades. This event was the beginning of the end for a lot of us in terms of leaving the Organization.

Prince on the other hand is known throughout the world for his often highly sexualized music and performances, androgynous dress and make-up and generally odd behavior. It will be interesting to see if his funeral is at a Kingdom Hall or maybe an Assembly Hall. It will not go over well with the "still in" members of my family, if this happens.

• poopie
    poopie
    Also released new funeral outline
  • just fine
    just fine
    It could backfire for the Watchtower. My still in parents are disgusted by this whole circus and the fact that the organization even commented on it. So maybe it will wake some people up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit