shunning the congregation

by enoughisenough 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I was watching a youtube by Jerome about religious freedom part 2. It was so disgusting to see the two JW testifying that instead of the congregation shunning those who disassociate, it is the person who disassociates that is choosing to shun the congregation. The commissioners kept asking why someone who had been sexually abused had to be shunned if they disassociated ....Jdubs talked in circles and never answered the question. So Glad I woke up and got out ...to support the org is a reproach to anything decent.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

Are you referring to that Australia Royal Commission?

I watched some of that and could not stand that little man (looked little to me) at the table who kept insisting to ‘your Honor’ that the “person is shunning the congregation”. 🤣 Yeah, insult our intelligence a little more.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"It was so disgusting to see the two JW testifying that instead of the congregation shunning those who disassociate, it is the person who disassociates that is choosing to shun the congregation. The commissioners kept asking why someone who had been sexually abused had to be shunned if they disassociated "

It turned my stomach reading this! 🧟🤢 The WT is completely morally and ethically bankrupt. "The World" has higher standards of righteousness than they do!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - “…’The World’ has higher standards of righteousness than they do…”

For those on the way out, that realization always hits like a ton of bricks.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I still consider shunning to be a gift to me by the cong and family. They were so toxic! I would pay a fee to have them leave me alone if necessary!!

JWs should just own it and admit that those who leave prefer to be left alone so “we try not to bother them with our crazy sh_t, and it is better for them that way”.

Wouldn’t most judges agree with that? Lord knows I would accept that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit