Our fade-gossip-elders calling

by All for show 40 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

#1 - Do not ignore them, and don't offer excuses - build a wall and stay behind it at all times! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/428170001/fading-beginners-guide

#2 - Demand that they give your husband the name/s of his accuser/s, and tell them straight that you do not dignify someone's gossip by replying to it. Your husband should tell them that he wants to follow the Scriptural counsel on how to resolve this misunderstanding. (Matthew 5:23,24 & Matthew 18:15)

#3 - If they try to assert "their" involvement in the matter, your husband should respond by telling them that he will write to the Service Department at Bethel to ask for their opinion on how this should be properly dealt with, and he does not want to discuss it further until he's received their guidance!

Don't give these idiots any information whatsoever - because they will pervert it and turn it against you both.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Did the elders say it was about him being seen with a woman?

Either way, whoever told you this, I would tell them you will not tolerate slanderous gossip.

• All for show
    All for show

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to have him read this.

We haven't been to a meeting in 9 months.

Yes, the email mentioned sisters had seen him with a women... which if anyone knows him- they know she is a partner in the practice. Also, if you go to his website you can see all 5 practicing MD's. So- anyone in the community NON JW- would not think twice seeing them together. At a table set for 5-no less!

Why didn't the sisters come say hello? Instead of staying back and gossiping. Of course- they never point this out. This must be some dirty scandal!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    All for show Why didn't the sisters come say hello? Instead of staying back and gossiping. Of course- they never point this out. This must be some dirty scandal!

Absolutely, I am sure they knew your husband would politely introduce his collegue.....no no, cruel gossip ...... so much more mature & Christian!!!!

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    The 2 finger salute should suffice :-)
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Do you believe that this is Jehovah's organization and do you still believe this is the Truth?''

Expect this question when approached by elders. Any negative responses will be used against you to form a JC.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Since he is an MD in a partnership I might be inclined to screw with them and say that I discussed this with my fellows partners who were amazed that a quarterly financial partner's meeting would be cause for a slanderous accusation that could cause damage to our professional practice.

My fellow doctors are concerned enough to begin discussing a suit for slander against the parties involved. Please address a letter of apology to our practice or as they said they will take steps to clear this matter up through a legal action. Unfortunately I was out voted so it is out of my hands.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I like Giordno's idea. Once you mention legal counsel they will run for the hills. Just say NO to bullying!

I also like the finger salute! lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALL FOR SHOW:

This religion is worthless. If you needed assistance, you could starve to death.

But, just let them get a hint of a juicy scandal and they come-a-running. Not to help, of course, but to see if you are following their stupid rules and regulations.

I'd be furious and would never answer these bastards. Let them wonder if the rumor is true or not! Besides, what ever happened to giving somebody the benefit of the doubt? Most of the Witnesses have no real life and they derive entertainment from gossip and rumors.

As others have said, screen your phone calls/texts and if any of these "cops" drop by for an uninvited interrogation/visit don't answer the door!

Enjoy the Holiday season and don't let them ruin it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    If he wants to show them up have him ask the elders why the sisters have not brought the accusation to him, you know, how you are supposed to to it according to Matthew. Game over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit