ARC - Case Study 54 - All Exhibits have been released

by jwleaks 347 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• HBH
    HBH

Fearing for life is not a valid argument for being a Christian. A Christian is suppose to go to death (or shunning) to do the "right thing" for his fellow man. It is only after that when the matter is left in Jehovah's hands.

Ok, you can go back to putting your fingers in your ears and saying "LALALALALALALA"

HBH

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

since at least since the first hearing 15 cases, in Australia, were reported to the secular authorities and those, either in part or in whole, would have pre dated the July 31, 2016 - this is good, but there must be cases of child abuse, both in Australia and abroad, that weren't reported.

Watchtower will not be allowed to get away with it.

This issue will run and run, and deservedly so ...

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

And LoveUniHateExams you need proof of something like that to make an accusation of that. If it is your opinion then that is an opinion, but if you are stating that as a fact then you need actual proof of it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The evidence lies locked away in congregations' files and victims' minds.

I can't access these.

But they do exist.

Watchtower won't get away with it.

"Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence"

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Absence of evidence doesn't mean that there is no evidence. But also absence of evidence can also mean that there is no evidence. How can you prove a negative. The US Senate is dealing with that and President Trump and his claim that Obama bugged Trump Tower, there is no evidence of it, but will people accept that there is no evidence. Can you prove to me you never murdered someone?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Although there is no evidence of actual offences occurring in the context you present it is certainly reasonable to suggest with a reasonable level of certainty that there have been unreported abuse based on the rate of disclosed offenses over a similar period previously. Unless, of course, we should think that it is reasonable to assume that all abuse is being reported.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Richard Oliver - "...this thread is about the current policies and not the old policies..."

Sure.

Except, as a WT rep made clear, the current policies are virtually identical to the old polices (which caused the problem in the first place and steadily made it worse over the years).

Why do you defend the Org so adamantly?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Whatshallicallmyself:

I don't want to put words in your mouth so please clarify what rate of disclosure you are referring to over the same period of time. Are you referring to the rate of the 1006 cases since the 1960's? or the rate of disclosure in the general population when someone is abused sexually either as an adult or a child?

Vidiot:

Have you read the current set of policies and compared it to the old set of policies? or are you just repeating what you heard? Where was that said that it is virtually the same as the previous set of policies?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yes, I've read them. It's a whole lot of legalese to make it look different, but at its core, it's virtually the same...

...two-witness rule, "confidentiality", yadda yadda yadda... They. Won't. Budge.

You didn't answer my question (not that I'm actually expecting you to).

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Because I am looking at the actual documents and they are not the same. And I defend them because I am looking at actual facts and not just hear what I want to hear on this.

6. To ensure that elders comply with child-abuse reporting laws, two elders should immedi-ately call the Legal Department for legal advice when the elders learn of an accusation of child abuse. (Rom. 13:1-4) A call should be made even when both persons involved are minors. The elders should not ask an alleged victim, the accused person, or anyone else to call the Legal Department on the el-ders’ behalf. The elders should call the Legal Department even in the following situations:

• The alleged abuse occurred many years ago.

The alleged abuse is based on the testimony of only one witness.

• The alleged abuse is believed to be a repressed memory.

• The alleged abuse involved perpetrators or victims who are deceased.

• The alleged abuse is believed to have already been reported to the secular authorities.

• The alleged perpetrator or victim is not a member of your congregation.

• The alleged perpetrator is a non-Witness associating with the congregation.

• The alleged abuse occurred before the alleged perpetrator or victim was baptized.

• The alleged victim is now an adult.

• The alleged abuse occurred in the past, and it is unclear whether your congregation elders ever called the Legal Department for direction.

7. The Legal Department will provide legal advice based on the

Conversations between congregation members and congregation elders relating to Q

spiritual counselling or assistance are confidential. However, in cases of child abuse, the

elders will consult with the Australasia branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses and will

comply with any relevant secular reporting laws.- Romans 13:1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit