ARC - Case Study 54 - All Exhibits have been released

by jwleaks 347 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Ok thank you for clearing that up. It made it seem like you were an expert in the policies and procedures of the Catholic church with regards to child abuse. Then I withdraw my question. I have much experience in both formulating policies and procedures, but I could only speak to what I have experience in, that of technology. We will see how the ARC does see it when they submit their report, we can speculate all we want, good or bad, but they will give their answer.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Dear oh dear.

In my second post in this conversation I quite clearly said the policy I am subject to does cover Child Abuse matters.

I work in a school and it is a well formulated policy unlike that of the Watchtower.

A good policy stands up and makes sense what ever the field, but I think you know this so I wont waste any more time on it. Have a nice day or night.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Actually you never said that you work in a Catholic school. You said you work for a Catholic institution and you participate in their educational programs. Which could mean anything. So I assume you read the policy on child abuse because you are an employee of the school and therefore you are bound by it by your professional life.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

What specifically do you have a problem with in comparison to the policy at your school

• smiddy
    smiddy

Correct me if I am wrong but the WTB&TS do not have one comprehensive document covering the allegations and response to child sexual abuse from the organisation that Elders and the rank and file have access to when they feel the need to review it ?

As was painfully brought out by the Jehovahs witnesses their was this "letter" this "memo" this "WT article" etc,etc,all coverering different time frames over many years , who could wade through all that confusing publications.? let alone a R&F member ?

• Landy
    Landy
    Correct me if I am wrong but the WTB&TS do not have one comprehensive document covering the allegations and response to child sexual abuse from the organisation that Elders and the rank and file have access to when they feel the need to review it ?

I think their policy is 'phone the bethel'.

To be a little bit fair to them I do think I it's more difficult to produce a coherent policy in a pastoral setting. In education or a setting where you have DBS vetted people dealing with minors then it's fairly straightforward to have a written policy. In a setting like a religion or a church where the variables can be more disparate then perhaps asking for advice from bethel is the way to go.

Providing that advice is to act in the best interest of the abused and not in the in keeping their religion' should name out of the papers.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Quite Smiddy. It's good to see any improvements in the WTS policies but they still have failed to bring things together in a single, publicly available document.

I have no problem with their two witness rule concerning internal sanctions. I have no problem with them referring to legal to check obligations. I have no problem with them managing different territories in specific ways.

i have a big problem with the lack of cohesion and transparency. IMHO there are still many opportunities for local circumstances and the process followed in specific cases to fail victims.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    If the law is not good enough, how can you blame wt? Shame on the law -No?
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

Fisherman, aren't god's ways better than man's, and god's thoughts higher than man's thoughts? Shouldn't Jehovah's chosen people be the example for he world, not the other way around? Maybe you don't actually believe JWs to be Jehovah's people. I knew there had to be some reason you spent 13 years here.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Dubstepped:

When you say "aren't god's ways better than man's, and god's thoughts higher than man's thoughts? Shouldn't Jehovah's chosen people be the example for he world, not the other way around?" You are then saying that child abuse is a moral issue. When you put child abuse in the term of man's rules you are saying it is a law and not a moral issue. Again if something is not against the law then what can someone do to report it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit