ARC - Case Study 54 - All Exhibits have been released

by jwleaks 347 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Man Outlaw see I have to do your job and post my own stupid memes to myself.

Yes Outlaw because computers never glitch. It is always that I am an idiot correct.....RO

Image result for you are an idiot meme

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I would speak as myself and give an explanation and would give what I believe but that is not what those gentlemen were asked to speak as, they were asked to speak as representatives so wording is very important.

But how I believe it to be is that one who disassociates themselves have decided that they no longer want to be associated with Jehovah's Witnesses and no longer be considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is a formal way of leaving a religion that one no longer agrees with either from a human or spiritual stand point. I would bring out that Paul speaks of not even eating with such a man that was once called your brother but that is no longer. That even Jesus removed himself from Judas when he excused Judas from associating with him and the other apostles before his betrayal of the Christ. I would say ultimately it is each person's personal decision if they want to shun someone who is disassociated. I am not associated with a Congregation because of my sexuality but in my decades of a witness i have never known anyone who got DF for communicating with a DA or a DF person, I may be living in a fantasy world but that is my experience. I can only speak of the US but that is a perfectly legal thing.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

And why did Watchtower rip into the catholic church for the exact same issues?

WT did not do that. Noteworthy is that wt defrocks anyone in office that is not ireprehensible. All if not more Catholic child abuse cases involve Catholic priests according to the news reports, most if not all not defrocked but moved around to other locations only to abuse again --again according to news reports.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Dated August 1, 2016 - does this mean, then, that before this date (i.e. up until July 31, 2016), one witness wasn't enough? In other words, up to July 31, 2016, two witnesses were necessary otherwise child abuse would go unreported?

Also, who saw that letter? Was it distributed only to various WT branches and WT higher-ups, or was this letter sent to all congregations and read out to all JWs?

Why is not compliance with the law good enough for you? - in matters of reporting child abuse to the police, it's not good enough for me. I shouldn't need to spell out the reasons why.

I hope it's also not good enough for you.

Yes, there are some wrinkles in state laws that need sorting out - every state should have mandatory reporting.

But until that happens, why can't the WT just report all allegations of child abuse, regardless of whether it happened in a mandatory reporting state or not?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

in matters of reporting child abuse to the police, it's not good enough for me. I shouldn't need to spell out the reasons why.

That does not make any sense. Entities should be required to obey the law -not more than the law. Can you show why wt should obey more than the law because it is better than the law -Is'nt that what you are saying?.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Man Outlaw see I have to do your job and post my own stupid memes to myself......RO

Or..

You could learn from the instruction given to you in a post, about how to avoid duplicate posts..

Then you wouldn`t have duplicate posts..

Image result for idea

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I cannot speak what happened prior to August 1, 2016 so I won't. According to all indications this is a letter that was sent out to all BOE to be put into their permanent file for policies and letters. It does seem to indicate that it replaces a letter from 2012. Since the guidelines for all service departments make reference to this letter then it would indicate that it is policy for worldwide Jehovah's Witnesses. Unlike the policy for safeguarding children that is a policy exclusively for the country that is listed in the title. There is one for Australia and one for the UK. The policies on safeguarding children in Australia is still being determined how to verify that each witness sees it or gets the information that is contained in it.

And yes there are some states where mandatory reporters laws are little fuzzy at best. But just because there is a policy to report all cases because that profession is a mandatory reporter, doesn't mean that it is not stated in that policy for the reason. Look at the LAUSD policy on child abuse. Note that they explain why there is this policy and that is to comply with the mandatory reporting laws in the state. People on here love to downgrade the legalise or the legal nuances of something but that is how law works. Something can only be reported if it is illegal.

http://achieve.lausd.net/cms/lib08/CA01000043/Centricity/Domain/383/CHILD%20ABUSE%20AND%20NEGLECT%20REPORTING%20BUL-1347-3%20FINAL.pdf

Also note how complex some of these laws are. Lets take a state in Australia

The reporting obligations in the Northern Territory:

A person is a child up until they are 18, but the age of consent in the state is 16. Now if a child is 14 and a medical practitioner can determine can determine, "If assessment of the young person (over 14) clearly identifies that the sexual activity is between developmentally normal peers aged within two years of each other, and is consensual, a report is not required." But just because a teen is 16 or over doesn't mean that all "consensual sex" is legal another part of the code says "An adult who has a special relationship commits an offense if he/she has intercourse or commits and act of gross indecency with a child over 16."

That is why elders are required to get legal advice from a trained lawyer on a case by case basis because the law is complex.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Entities should be required to obey the law not more than the law. Can you show why wt should obey more than the law because it is better than the law -Is'nt that what you are saying? - FFS!

We are talking about reporting child abuse and protecting children!

Why can't Watchtower report all allegations of child abuse, regardless of whether the state is mandatory reporting or not?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

We are talking about reporting child abuse and protecting children!

Why can't Watchtower report all allegations of child abuse, regardless of whether the state is mandatory reporting or not?

Are you saying that the law is not good enough for you?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

LoveUniHateExam:

I have discussed this before. This is a worlwide policy that must fit a worldwide audience. There are some countries that have very lax child abuse policies or extremely low age of consents. So if child abuse occurs in one of those countries, where is Watchtower supposed to report it too? That is why they put in that they have to contact legal, so that legal can make sure that all applicable laws are followed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit