ARC - Case Study 54 - All Exhibits have been released

by jwleaks 347 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

It is not uncommon for policies and procedures to reference other documents. Even in Australia and the ARC policy. If you actually read their own policy, there are rules that is listed in the specific policy for the ARC Investigation into Institutional Child Abuse, but it references the laws that setup ARC from the early 1900 and other laws. It was not necessary to restate those laws in whole or in part in the current document, if you have a desire to read those references then you can read them.

Also at least in the US schools are different then churches, in the way that schools have a fiduciary responsibility, a special relationship and a duty to protect because they have taken responsibility and taken control of children. Also the idea is that children are obligated by law to attend school, but is not obligated to attend church.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@RO - No, that's not what I'm saying at all. That's your spin, as per usual, to deflect from your beloved cult. Life isn't binary. JWs claim to be ahead of the curve in pretty much every way. Child abuse is both immoral and criminal. You're reasoning skills suck.

Now go copy and paste the same drivel that you keep repeating, maybe even throw in an accusation that I said something in a conversation that I never did.

Funny how you never see RO without Fisherman. The Dick Fisherman Duo is real folks.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I have a life, unlike Dick Fisherman, and I have a faucet to repair. While you two dub-loving douches spend your waking hours posting with people that don't like you personally or your ideals, wasting your time, I'm off to be productive while I'm sure that Dick Fisherman will talk amongst themselves for a few hours.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Ok dubstepped so please explain better and apparently simpler so I can understand. How do you want watchtower to go above what the law says.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

konceptual99 how do you feel that the transparency and cohesion should be rectified?

• HBH
    HBH

It's about doing the right thing,especially if you claim to be Christian.

For example, you are the only witness to a reckless driver that runs a stop sign, and hits and kills someone.The driver claims that the person jumped out in front of them. Your not required by law to come forward and report what you saw. Some people just wouldn't want to get "involved", and keep their mouth shut, but a "true Christian" would want to report what they saw, even though it's not required by law, so that the reckless driver doesn't hurt or kill anyone else.

Get it?

HBH

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

What happens if someone is in fear for their life would you as a "true christian" still go and testify against that person.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What happens if someone is in fear for their life would you as a "true christian" still go and testify against that person - in a way, that is what it can be like in the Watchtower religion.

There was at least one case at the ARC where the victim told the Commission that she was discouraged from testifying against the paedo JW - don't drag Jehovah's name through the mud, don't oppose the organisation otherwise you'll die at Armageddon, etc.

I wonder how many times the above scenario has been repeated when victims of child abuse, or their families, have wanted to come forward and tell the police.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

And again this thread is about the current policies and not the old policies. Please read the current policies.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

this thread is about the current policies and not the old policies - but you said that the letter containing new policies was dated Aug 1, 2016.

Very serious crimes (child abuse) have occurred in this religion up to July 31, 2016.

Are you suggesting we should let Watchtower get away with it, like what happened with Jimmy Saville?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    Yes some very serious crimes did take place up until the July 31, 2016. Do you know how all of those instances were handled up until that date. Do you know how any of the instances since the First ARC hearing was handled. It does appear that since at least since the first hearing 15 cases, in Australia, were reported to the secular authorities and those, either in part or in whole, would have pre dated the July 31, 2016, date that you are using in your example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit