My Freedom as an "Apostate"

by TheLiberator 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

Just curious. How many of you are "apostates", but not disfellowshipped? I know this happens if you keep this stuff secret.

But the fact is, the elders in my old hall know my anger and hatred for the Watchtower. I have vocalized this. My wife regularly attends meetings and I know for a fact that I am the talk of the circuit and many in the district. I have only been out less than two years.

A strong warning talk was given early on. The message of that spread far and wide like fire. Everyone knows that I influenced my two baptized sons to get out of the organization. I send "daily texts" to my mom to try to wake her up. I have openly slammed the Watchtower extensively online. I openly express TTATT to those who I feel are showing "cracks" in there armor.

I simply have no fear. Yet the elders have made zero contact. I know of some possible reasons, but even they do not hold water. Have any of you had a similar experience?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't really have any interaction with JWs any more at this point, but I've been pretty open with a couple people about my apostasy and nothing's been done. I don't have much of a social network, though, so my influence isn't nearly what yours has been so I'm probably not seen as much of a threat. Also my father-in-law is an elder in my former congregation and told my wife repeatedly that thinking it's a cult isn't grounds for disfellowshipping. Not sure where he got that, but I think he's prevented action from being taken for her sake and probably doesn't want to be seen as flip-flopping on that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it has been spread deliberately amongst the congregations and circuit about me!

And the stories have been embellished and hyped up too.

The elders were told decisively by me to respect appropriate boundaries, and so they have avoided me...but they have not stopped slandering my name and reputation amongst any and everyone they can!

And yet, I have never spoken a negative word to anyone! They just know I have posted on here that's all.

The reality is that they have done me a favour, as I have come to see who were real friends, and who were not. A real friend would find out facts from me, whereas the false friends have just accepted slanderous comments and taken it as fact....

• JaneM
    JaneM

This has been my experience. People definitely are spreading rumors that I'm an apostate, but no action has been taken against me by the elders. I do have their numbers blocked. Then I changed my number, but they still email me asking me for service time, reminding me that my group has the cleaning, and other updates. I'm open about how I feel about some witness topics online and when people ask me where I stand I tend to be fairly direct about not believing it's the truth. I wish I was the type that could keep things to myself, but when I feel strongly about something it's difficult. I would have made YouTube videos by now about my experience if I did not want to avoid getting disfellowshipped. If it happens though from what I've done so far, then I will gladly start asap.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I too have not been contacted or dfd. Not sure about the rumors I did find out they were warning elders in a hall of someone I worked with. My wife has been spreading the most rumors around her hall but no action from my elders. I think one they don't have enough proof just my wife's mouth and two they are cowards in away. They want to live in thier pretty little delusion and having to go and talk with people like us they'll end up having to fight thier brains and it hurts.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Evidently no one really gives a shit that we don't show up any more.

We don't stir things up by speaking negatively about The Troof. But we don't say anything "encouraging" either.

Doc

• Twitch
    Twitch

I really couldn't care less what people who don't care to listen or understand my viewpoint think or say about me.

Not angry or hating anymore, just have better uses for my time and energy

• dothemath
    dothemath

They're leaving you alone seems to me to be an anomaly. I'm sure it varies between congregations, but even recent watchtowers, etc. seem to encourage action to be taken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit