This drop's a trinity!

by ozziepost 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I was pleased to receive an unusual bottle of blended wine from a very dear dub and tonite Mrs Ozzie and I decided to imbibe.

"Winestate" magazine had this to say about our selected drop:

Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Shiraz Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 is a fruit-driven wine, medium bodied and containing all the complexities only a blend of three wine varieties can bring. A good food match with this wine would be red meat, however, it is an interesting drink all on its own. Con sidering Wolf Blass? position as the fastest growing brand in the top 20*, the stronger presence of this brand on the Eaglehawk label is an important strategic move. Wolf Blass Chief Winemaker, Chris Hatcher is confident the stronger link of Eaglehawk with the Wolf Blass brand will propel it to the position in the marketplace it deserves. ?The Eaglehawk range shows diversity, quality and value for money,? he said. ?Changing the label, and not the wine, is part of a strategic decision to improve the profile of Eaglehawk which is designed to be an accessible and reliable range of wines for Australian consumers.?

So was it a trinity? Yes, we could certainly appreciate the three varieties for, as the winemaker's note say: "have combined to create a wine with complex flavors, a host of spice and a lingering soft palate".

But if this isn't enough to entice you, just remember that it's the 'Official Wine' of the Australian Cricket Team!

Good for complementing roast beef or lamb shanks, Mrs Ozzie and I chose gourmet authentic Italian pizzas.

Cheers, OzzieCheers

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi!

Glad to see you enjoying your shiraz. I have been enjoying some fine Australian wines of late, Those vintners from down-under have really come out with some first-class wines. At least I think it was Australian. After imbibing I could no longer read the label...

CyrusThePersian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit