Celebrating exJWs Jehovah Witness Memorial that was yesterday Today

by Butterflyleia85 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hey everyone!

It's been 7 years since I been disfellowshipped and things are amazing! I still continue to grow as a person. I meet a lot of wonderful people from other religions, non religious, and exJWs community. My family is doing well!

I finally have all the people closest to me back in my life again. It took them a while to come around and there is still a few people I miss but I'm ok with the circumstances. My sister is also disfellowshipped and I'm glad she doesn't have to do it alone. My mom finally found true love at the age of 50. She has a good job and with all the struggle and hardship she deserves the best!

My father and the rest of his side I'm sure find away. After research the culture his parents may be acustom to I think I understand why they are the way they are. Japanese I assume are very private people. And that's my (dad side) grandma's heritage and value honor and shaming. With the dynamic of my (dad side) grandpa's black American side where they are dreamers ambishious and goal inspired hard workers. The mixture shows by my uncles and aunts... One is a fireman, one owns his own business, another a computer designer... My father is the black sheep so he works for his older brother. My other aunt is disabled and in assistant living. (My grandpa on my dad side died last year.) My uncle who is a business owner is also an elder. I'm sure they will be fine. (Very strict compared to how I was raised on my mother's side.)

My grandpa on my mother side took the roll as an elder with a tender heart and a good sense of humor. He didn't like the strict nature he was brought up in as a Christian Baptist and my grandma was a farm's daughter who was swept off her feet by my charming grandpa. The value they held about Jehovah Witnesses I will respect and honor. My grandpa would help anyone even if they weren't Jehovah Witnesses and said to take the Watchtower with a grain of sand... He thought they were the closest thing to the truth anyone could come to in their day and age so I believe he would be proud of me for researching and finding out all I found. (He died in 1999.) everyone respected and loved him in the circuit and he worked extremely hard to please and help others.

I found that leaving something you hold so high in your life teaches humility, self respect, and a perspective that is different but the same. As a human race we hold love and compassion as important in human nature. We grow, learn, change, but at the same time stay the same. I still have a desire to help others but now I'm free to do it on my terms and it feels more genuine.

• steve2
    steve2

Weldome Butterflyleia85. Informative OP. Were you raised in Japan? it's such a lovely country. I notice that acitve JWs have been declining in that country for perhaps more than ten years with hundreds of congregations needing to merge. Hope you keep in touch!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Celebrating exJWs Jehovah Witness Memorial that was yesterday Today

Yeah, kinda makes sense

after all everybody else seems to have just ignored it

who's idea was it?

reminds me of the world wide protest that took place over the weekend of Friday 21 to Sunday 23 January 2011

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/205128/video-pictures-just-coming-from-world-wide-protest?page=1&size=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQd8T9xaBQ

those where the days

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLYLEIA- Nice to hear things are going well for you and your family ! Glad to see success stories and happiness after exiting the JW cult. My wife Mrs. Flipper and I are doing well also. You've chosen a great path which will help your children to have freedom of mind in their lives as well. Great job you are doing ! Keep on keeping on being happy ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hi steve2 no I'm not from Japan. I'm American born and raised, with Native American, Welsh, German, French, African American, and Japanese American as far as I know in me! Ha Yeah Ancestry.com is amazing. My grandpa on my dad side was stationed in Japan during Korean War and my grandma who is Japanese left an arranged marriage. They came to America after a few transfers and settled.

Darkspilver

It's a big thing on FB the group is called Watchtower Victims Memorial Day I think.

https://watchtowervictimsmemorialday.com/cards-and-flyers/

Flipper Thank you so much! It's been a while hearing from you I still have you guys number and actually I think they are having Apostate Fest and I'm coming with a few friends that just left the Organization as well!! I hope to connect with anyone on here... There at the event!! :) this Jehovah Witness Board was my first social connection I made with other exJWs! It's like home coming on here again. I wonder how All the friends are doing. :)

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

It's a big thing on FB the group is called Watchtower Victims Memorial Day I think.

Ah right interesting, cool - I feel sure that if Simon felt it was important enough or warranted attention he'd have used the right hand side column of this forum to highlight it with some text and images as per he recently did with regard to the sad events in Nice, but he evidently choose not to.

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Oh no well Nice attacks are huge event in history that hits hard with all religions and politic nation wide. This is more a movement for exJWs and maybe those who are in JWs organization and haven't found a way to leave peacefully. And the comment you made about the protest... I remember that... Yeah it's kinda like that but it's not a protest it's more a act that activists do to say hey we are here and you can't turn a blind eye. Mourning those who lost their lives through ...no blood policy, sex abuse victims (many of the exJWs posted a picture of TV news showing Australia Court Case), shunning, etc. They then post or leave notes at the door, floor doormat, or gate of the Kingdom Halls the night before. I was thinking of doing this Saturday night...

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Thanks, I understand the principle behind it, it's just, well, the kinda - lack of traction - it seems to have,

Maybe it's just a Facebook bubble

https://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles?language=en

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/04/facebook-is-creating-micro-bubbles/

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Yeah I definitely get "cock blocked" by agorarythums... I watched a documentary on it. For a while there I felt I was being watched by the government but now after researching I know what it was. The government is being more transparent on what it's doing "for" to the public but at the same time controlling the flow of things more so then before. I take extra time going out of my way looking at and finding what I need to find. This group was a baby when I came to them and I try to spread it as well as this site to ex members because I believe in their causes. The sucky part is this dame agarythums!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit