"Scathing Athiest" podcast tears the 2018 convention videos to shreds!

by stuckinarut2 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This weeks Scathing Athiest podcast has great fun tearing to shreds the series of disturbing 2018 convention videos!

If anyone is not aware of Scathing Athiest, this great group of guys poke fun at all manner of religious institutions, and do so in a very irreverent way! Yes, full of language and obscenity! But very fun!

It is episode 262 'thoughts and prayers' edition. The whole episode is great, but the Jw stuff starts at approx 34:30 mins.

Dont say I didn't warn you!😉

• stuckinarut2
  • Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

At first, I thought these Jews sounded a bit like Stern. But then, toward the end of the podcast, I heard them goofing on the emphatic way "Jer-HOOO-vah" is pronounced in dramas. They laughed and said "That's like 'W-ENNN-B-C'. " At that moment, I knew we were in good company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLs2kEZ8CA

F*ck yeah, Howard.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks for the recommendation! Just downloaded, and I'll enjoy this one today at work. :)

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh, I'll throw this out there for you SIAR2.

Wanna hear something funny? Listen to How To Heretic 021 - The Jawbone of an Asshole.

You may have heard it already. I think it may have been you that recommended it to me. Anyway, the story starts just after the intro and they go through the whole story of Samson. Had me in tears.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! Thanks Dubstepped. That HowToHeretic episode was awesome!

I am so glad that my work day allows me to enjoy all these great podcasts! I devour new content as soon as it comes out!

These are my regulars now: ( in no particular order)

The Thinking Athiest

How To Heretic

Scathing Athiest

Thank God I'm Athiest

Cognitive Dissonance

Dogma Debate

Friendly Athiest

The Athiest Experience

The Prodigal Boys

The Non Prophets

AND OF COURSE: (saving the best for last!😉)

This JW Life

Shunned

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh yeah, glad The Prodigal Boys are back! I listen to them, Critical Thinkers, How To Heretic, Zealot (from Australia I think), and The Thinking Aheist.

Oh, and This JW Life and "shunned", of course. It's funny, I'm definitely scratching my own itch with shunned. I do the interviews so I hear them then, edit them so I've heard them again, and then I'm still excited when they come out and listen a third time, lol. Sometimes my wife listens to them with fresh ears before release to try to catch any edits I missed.

I love podcasts. I listen to a wide variety on everything from home maintenance to mental illness to business and finance. I'll have to check out some of those on your list. I always listen to Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast. He's a comedian that I like. I have a huge list that I rotate through.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wow, listened to them dissect the videos and that was hilarious. I haven't seen the videos yet (can't stomach them often) but the description was amazing.

As a side note, I loved the "thoughts and prayers" diatribe at the beginning. My wife loved it all too.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Scathing Atheist was hilarious.

I just listened to the JW stuff but it was very funny.

I love how one of them commented on the JW men discussing the cheesy/creepy jw video, and this atheist said something like "if you thought we were a wacky cult before, we're just going to talk about how two demons Gog & Magog are going to attack us!"

I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit