Different moods / different music?

by FlyingHighNow 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What do you listen to that helps you wake up in the morning and feel alive?

What do you listen to that inspires you?

What music makes you nostalgic? What makes you sad?

Do you have music for driving? Do you have music for rainy, stormy days?

Do you listen to different music when you are in different moods?

I'll post my music for different moods later. I'm a music lover and I am very interested to know how music figures into your moods.

Heather

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

I love my Soul Coughing "Irresistible Bliss" CD to get me going in the morning. Anything by Cake is good for that too.What do you listen to that inspires you?
    Tori Amos...especially the Bee Sides.What music makes you nostalgic?

Sarah McLachlan "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy"(reminds me of my two best friends that I lost in dubdom)...and anything by Live.

What makes you sad?

That's easy! The Magnolia soundtrack, Tracy Chapman, a few by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and the song "Seven Spanish Angels" by Ray Charles and Willie Nelson.
    Do you have music for driving?

Hell yeah! I immediately put in on the hip-hop station. It is especially great when they play the rump-shaker songs!

Do you have music for rainy, stormy days?

Yup! Fiona Apple, Aimee Mann, Howie Day, Live

Yes, every mood is completely different, so why not have matching music?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I consider music to be one of life's necessities, like food and water. It is part of what makes us human. And no one genre has the corner on good music. In the words of the late Duke Ellington, "If it [the music] sounds good, it IS good." That's a fair way to judge music.

What do you listen to that helps you wake up in the morning and feel alive? The theme song to any TV show that I happen to be watching.

What do you listen to that inspires you? Classical music, especially from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

What music makes you nostalgic? Music from when I was growing up in the 70's.

What makes you sad? Almost any song in a minor key. And "kingdom songs".

Do you have music for driving? Do you have music for rainy, stormy days? Nothing special.

Do you listen to different music when you are in different moods? I like easy-listening music late at night, and faster music during the day. When sad, I used to listen to my favorite album from Electric Light Orchestra, and then after hearing it my mood would always be better.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you for sharing Gopher and Asorta. Knowing what people listen to helps me to get to know them better and see where there is any musical common ground.

Heather

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wake-me-up music: Audioslave

Calm-me-down music: Chopin: The Complete Nocturnes

Dancin' machine music: Snoop (Paid Tha Cost to be Da Bo$$)

Bittersweet memories music: Sheryl Crow (Tuesday Night Music Club)

Anti-road-rage-relax-it's-just-driving music: Nora Jones/ John Lennon Yoko Ono (Double Fantasy)

Different music for different moods? Yes - and often to change the mood.

• Frantic
    Frantic

I simply love music. Ive covered most of the bands I listen to and the end of the post. Check out "Orestes" or if ur feeling anti-JW "Judith" all by the band "A Perfect Circle"

Even though I dont like pop songs, a song I might like on the radio (that I wouldnt buy on cd). Other than that, I like "Hyperballad" by Bjork. great use of instuments and great lyrical explanation/story telling. Metallica - "Frantic" - just fast riffage, gets u in a mood!

What do you listen to that inspires you? Check out "The Tea Party" and the song "The Messenger"......."John Butler Trio" and the song "Take". A lot of songs inspire me. Beautiful songs include "A Sorta Fairytale" by Tori AmosWhat music makes you nostalgic? What makes you sad?
    These are my funeral songs, sad lyrics but uplifting also - The Smashing Pumpkins - "Shame" and "Thirty-Three"

Do you have music for driving? Do you have music for rainy, stormy days?
    Driving - just radio. Rainy days - Opeth "My Arms Your Hearse" album. Starts of with a rainy "prologue" and ends with a beautiful "Epilogue" - these are instrumentals, highly recommended, avoid the album, it contains its demons (preferably the voice).

Yes. I listen to a range of music. Heavy Metal - Alternative - jazz - blues - funk - some r and b (select as with rap) - not pop - ambient - rock - Instumental - sound effect - dance, the works. I dont listen to satanic metal. Mainly Metallica, Opeth, Radiohead, A Perfect Circle, In Flames, Badly Drawn Boy, Zwan, Iced Earth, Porcupine Tree, Tex Perkins, Something for Kate, Godspeed you! Black emperor, massive attack, The Tea Party, REM, John Butler Trio, Tool, Coldplay, Tori Amos, Deftones, Ephel Duath, St Germain, Bjork, Mercury Rev and the Smashing Pumpkins.

I consider myself an avid collector of cds. And am willing to accept any recommendations from people, of any genre. Beware! Expect criticism down to a fine detail.....muahahahaha (6)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit