Notice to the Congregation and Members of the Burns Kingdom Hall - possible entitlement to monetary distributions

by OrphanCrow 9 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

*I saw this posted on reddit and thought that it might interest some here...

https://btimesherald.com/classifieds/

NOTICE TO THE CONGREGATION and MEMBERS OF THE BURNS KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES, AS OF 5-17-2011

NOTICE is hereby given that the Trustee of the Zelma Christine Brooks Revocable Living Trust is attempting to identify ALL Qualifying Beneficiaries fitting the following description:

“DEDICATED, BAPTIZED ACTIVE HEADS OF HOUSEHOLDS, MALE OR FEMALE, MEMBERS OF THE BURNS, OREGON CONGREGATION JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES,” on the exact date of 5-17-2011.

Qualifying individuals may be ENTITLED TO MONETARY DISTRIBUTIONS from the above named trust. Subsequently moving to another congregation, death, becoming a non-member, or being disassociated from the Congregation does NOT necessarily disqualify.

If you feel that you fit this description or know somebody whom you feel rightfully qualifies, please contact the Trustee at:
    Trustee of the ZCB RLT
    P.O. Box 325
    Creswell, OR 97426

Publish Feb 27, March 6 and 13, 2019

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I suspect this is a financial Trust that Zelma Brooks gave to that specific Congregation that the WT has now "gobbled up", either by closing that Cong or by insisting all surplus funds (including the interest from the Trust) be forwarded to them. Someone has concluded that Zelma intended the Trust to benefit the Burns Cong and NOT the WTS.

WTS will be "encouraging" anyone receiving a distribution to "voluntarily donate" it to the WTS.

• stillin
    stillin

It seems that Zelma loved her peeps and wanted to help. That's pretty rare in the JW congregations. The WT should leave it alone. They always quash spontaneity.

• under the radar
    under the radar

DesirousOfChange hit the nail on the head! I can practically guarantee there will be lots of pressure to turn that money over to the Borg. Those who don't will be considered greedy and materialistic. Talk about opportunistic leeches...

• waton
    waton

like the old kingdom song says: "take my silver and my gold" of course Jesus is contradicted by that, he said:

"Give to the poor and follow" me-- to heaven give, -- not to the temple

"what you have done to the least of my brothers.--" the least not to Billion$ corporation.

Zelma perhaps thought that this is the least and last she could do for the sisters.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Those who don't will be considered greedy and materialistic.

Any active JW in that Cong that opposes "giving" it to the Society will likely be strongly counseled, "marked", and DFd if they do not "change their position" on the matter.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'll bet my home and car the WTS will send out a letter to surrounding congregations requesting they do not steal from Jehovah and instead donate the funds.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I just did a little snooping around. She died in September, according to the public page of My Life she had a net worth of $50,000 to $100,000. Her listed income was $10,000/year. My guess is that's Social Security. A revocable trust means she retained control of the funds until she died, now the money is being disbursed according to the terms of the trust. If the language about moving, DFing etc not effecting entitlement to the funds is in the trust document, she made it clear she wants the money to go to the individuals, NOT the WTBS.

I'm sure the Society will put pressure on recipients to pass along the money. I hope somebody has the backbone to tell them to go pound sand, there isn't a thing they can do about it legally.

• LV101
    LV101

Those crooked WT snakes will jump on that poor deceased woman's estate to pay for couple of Zegna/Ferragamo ties for more theatre stage act -- appearance is everything to sleeze more out of the poor JWs. They'll say it's for the poor Africans.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I hope someone can keep us updated on this i would like to know the final outcome if possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit