This idiot just embarrasses me.

by joe134cd 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I know Derek but this method is probably the very worst way to reach out to jw's , he's already served a few months in jail for bail breaches when he stormed his KH, cant believe he wants to go back to jail, because thats where he's ending, I think he needs some professional help. That was utterly embarrassing
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Clearly a graduate from the Danny Haszard school of apostasy.
  • John Free
    John Free
    The watchtower creates people like Derek. It's unethical control methods causes in some cases severe depression, in other cases it creates the Dereks of this world.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    I think that is unproductive for waking up JWs but is probably cathartic for Derek.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Many types of protesters use megaphones and carry placards. Are they all wrong for doing so?

Women would not be able to vote if some courageous women of the past weren't prepared to get loud and make a public nuisance of themselves. Same could be said for black rights or gay rights.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think too that the poor guy needs some help, so that he can find some inner peace.

I also agree that he will be mainly ineffectual in waking up any JW's, but he may alert the Public to the dangers of the cult, a worthwhile work in itself.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    RvW, I see Derek getting more and more angry and possibly see him either hurting himself or someone else and end up back in prison, I never knew about The Excel Arena protest either, goodness knows what he has planned next
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "...Women would not be able to vote if some courageous women of the past weren't prepared to get loud and make a public nuisance of themselves. Same could be said for black rights or gay rights."

Very true.

That being said, did the loud and public actions of those women (and blacks, and gays) reinforce or refute the stereotypes and biases held by their opponents?

I think a strong argument could be made that when it comes to activist criticism of religious fanatics, a more cautious approach might be the better one.

I could be wrong.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Well, there are nut jobs everywhere.

This reaction reminds me of how Fox News watchers that happen to be nutty usually react to all their misinformation and hateful propaganda.

Idiot!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doubtfully Yours - "...reminds me of how Fox News watchers that happen to be nutty usually react..."

There are Fox news watchers who aren't nutty? :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit