Malloy v Watchtower

by John Davis 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Davis
    John Davis

A woman asked the Federal Court in Michigan for a restraining order as well as she has sued Watchtower. The restraining order was denied. The following is from the court's decision not to grant the restraining order.

Plaintiff appears to assert that she is entitled to a total of several billion dollars (“$4,000,000,000” and “2.4000,000”) for “kidnapping in infancy and as a young adult, separated from parent, family and country for 53 yrs.[,] unlawfully took my children and had adopted, arranged (5) sexual aggravated offenses including statutory, mutilated and dismembered, denied education for self and children, denied legitimate employment for 38 yrs, orchestrated (5) car accidents to injure-causing multiple injuries, defamation of character, physical and mental torture for 16 yrs, physical abuse for 49 yrs, monopolized and defrauded of revenue, secretively implanted the Nkultra Military Device, forged identity, inundated compulsive conceptions, attempts of murder, inventions of criminal and[d] psychological incidents, 30 yrs. of destruction of property, innumerable irreversible damages and 53 yrs in a conspiracy that denies liberty and justice and coerces slavery.” [Dkt. No. 11] Prior to the Motion, Plaintiff did not seem to seek injunctive relief for the alleged conduct of Defendant.

• Moster
    Moster

WTH?

• sir82
    sir82

Based on her demands, she sounds qualified to be "anointed".

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Wow - I just got my dose of crazy for the day!

• John Davis
    John Davis

I only put up that section because I don't have access to the original complaint and the Judge used that as a breakdown of what the complaint is about. The complaint according to the court is several hundred pages.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think she's a bit touched in the head, if she wasn't a woman she could be a GB me ever for sure.

• steve2
    steve2

A headline could be: "Deluded woman sues deluded organization".

Reminds me of an ex-JW I had the misfortune to once meet (in pre-internet days).

The first few minutes of meeting were fine. We had so very much in common - a real meeting of the minds - as often happens when ex-JWs give an overview of their decision to leave the organization.

Then as his story unfolded, little bits of crazy seeped through, all very earnestly expressed and told with unsmiling conviction.

Twenty minutes later as I managed to tactfully extract myself from the rendezvous and express my farewell, I found myself sympathetic for his local body of elders.They would have been well and truly out of their depth in responding to this man's complex delusional beliefs.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The sequence of events is quite interesting.

On February 28, 2017, Plaintiff [Linda Malloy] filed this cause of action.

On May 2, 2017, Plaintiff filed an Amended Complaint.

On May 26, 2017, the Clerk of the Court filed a Clerk’s Entry of Default against Defendant for failing to plead or otherwise defend this cause of action – with respect to the original Complaint.

On May 26, 2017, the Clerk of the Court denied Plaintiff’s request for entry of default judgment because there was no sum certain requested.

On June 26 and 28, 2017, Plaintiff filed a Motion for Default Judgment and an Amended Motion for Default Judgment.

On August 1, 2017, Defendant filed a Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment.

On August 17, 2017, the Court held a hearing on Plaintiff’s Motion For Emergency Temporary Restraining Order on the Defendant who "continued to infringe upon the Plaintiff’s rights.”

In the Order denying the Motion it states :

Plaintiff [Linda D. Malloy] has offered only conclusory allegations that Defendant [Watchtower Bible and Tract Society] was somehow involved . She has not offered any evidence or even detailed allegations how Defendant:

1. caused [six] automobile accidents;
    2. obstructed her ability to get a PPO;
    3. interfered with her ability to get a credit card from Kohl’s;
    4. stopped a CVS pharmacist from issuing medication to her;
    5. had a medical device implanted – or not removed – from her body;
    6. cut her hair; or
    7. damaged items in her apartment.

On August 30, 2017, the Court held a hearing on the Defendant's Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment.

In the Order granting the Motion it states :

Plaintiff advised the Court that she “served” the Complaint in New York by having “UPS” deliver the original summons and complaint ... to someone located at a “dock” at 90 Sands Street, Brooklyn, New York. She identified that person only as “Angel.”

Plaintiff contends that “Angel” is legally authorized by Defendant to accept process, but Defendant has no authorized agent named “Angel” or any resident at 90 Sands Street with that name.

Having found that Plaintiff did not properly serve Defendant, the Court concludes that it does not have the authority to enter a default or judgment against Defendant.

The matter is not yet settled. While the Court ordered in favour of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, it also ordered that Defendant’s counsel shall file with the Court the name and address of an agent of Defendant upon whom Plaintiff can properly serve Defendant.

It probably won't be "Angel".

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Plaintiff appears to assert that she is entitled to a total of several billion dollars (“$4,000,000,000” and “2.4000,000”) for “kidnapping in infancy and as a young adult, separated from parent, family and country for 53 yrs.[,] unlawfully took my children and had adopted, arranged (5) sexual aggravated offenses including statutory, mutilated and dismembered, denied education for self and children, denied legitimate employment for 38 yrs, orchestrated (5) car accidents to injure-causing multiple injuries, defamation of character, physical and mental torture for 16 yrs, physical abuse for 49 yrs, monopolized and defrauded of revenue, secretively implanted the Nkultra Military Device, forged identity, inundated compulsive conceptions, attempts of murder, inventions of criminal and[d] psychological incidents, 30 yrs. of destruction of property, innumerable irreversible damages and 53 yrs in a conspiracy that denies liberty and justice and coerces slavery.” [Dkt. No. 11] Prior to the Motion, Plaintiff did not seem to seek injunctive relief for the alleged conduct of Defendant.

That plaintiff sounds like she's full of --it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit