"Basics of Blood Management" by Dr. Petra Seeber and Dr. Aryeh Shander - Inaccuracies and Myth

by OrphanCrow 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Why is a medical practice that is driven by religious beliefs being considered the best for everybody in the world?

Because at the moment

1. J.W. are the patient group who mostly places value for a blood management
    2. J.W. simply need blood management
    3. they mostly called attention for the need of it
    4. in the public opinion they are seemingly all alone with their interest blood management and body's reaction
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Another: Who cries the loudest gets the best piece of the cake

or: Because they were fast & clever enough to invent a trojan horse (PBM) to get reputation and acceptance in medicine sector.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    OrphanCrow - "Why is a medical practice that is driven by religious beliefs being considered the best for everybody in the world?"

"...Is mostly marketing..."

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    The term “ bloodless medicine ” is often associated with the belief of Jehovah’ s Witnesses that they should refrain from the use of blood, therefore ruling out the option of blood transfusion. The essence of bloodless medicine, and lately, blood management, however, is not restricted to the beliefs of a religious group. To get a better understanding as to what bloodless medicine and blood management mean, let us go back to the roots of these disciplines

Keywords:

Chiropractic, Sacro Occipetal Technique (SOT), CMRT (chiropractic manipulation reflex technique), bloodless chirurgy. infertility, colitis.

"Bloodless surgery", 1949 was the title of Dr. Major Bertrand DeJarnette's first book, who developped the Sacro Occipital Technique SOT . http://www.rbj-chiropraktik.de/minisites/mot.html

In the 1960's he changed the name of his chiropractic technique from "bloodless surgery" into CMRT!

Obviously he meant "non-chirurgical therapie" or what do you think? How J.W came to the idea to catch up that term "bloodless surgery" or was it "bloodless medicine" is presumeable accidently. (?) because it is not really "bloodless" but "transfusion-less".

Here you see him in video of a platform and of Dr. DeJarnette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Up_vNl_rk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amfkq-A9yno

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The term "bloodless surgery", in the early to mid 20th century, was used by chiropractors.

Where this term came from was from the practice that was modeled on Dr. Adolph Lorenz's avoidance of invasive surgical methods due to his allergy to carbolic antiseptic. He developed a 'deep massage' technique that allowed him to manipulate a person's internal organs and bones without using conventional surgical procedures. This method was picked up and practiced by those in the chiropractic profession.

George Starr White, a chiropractor whom the WT supported and promoted, also practiced this method of bloodless 'surgery' (manipulation). Another practitioner who followed this method was none other than Felix Kersten, the so-called doctor who treated Heinrich Himmler during WW2 (and, incidentally, Kersten ended up in Switzerland after the war).

How J.W came to the idea to catch up that term "bloodless surgery" or was it "bloodless medicine" is presumeable accidently. (?) because it is not really "bloodless" but "transfusion-less".

The WT has always been pro-chiro and pro-osteopath - in other words, anti-AMA.

It is not surprising that Dr. Major Bertrand DeJarnette dropped the use of the term in the 60s because that is when Dr. Cooley developed a method for doing open heart surgery that required the heart to be free from blood while it was being repaired. Cooley's method was never meant to be used for surgery that could be handled by conventional means - it was the JWs who came up with the brilliant idea to use that same method for surgeries that did not require a bloodless field.

And as far as bloodless surgery being "transfusion-less"...it isn't. The entire field of bloodless surgery is dependent upon transfusion technology - it does involve transfusions. Transfusions of a patient's own blood. What bloodless surgery avoids is donor blood (sort of...a lot of the drugs and products now used in bloodless surgery have blood components in them). Once transfusion technology was advanced enough, that is when 'bloodless' invasive surgery became possible. And that is when the chiropractors dropped the use of the term.

• zeb
    zeb

If I may raise a couple of things here.

• In my wt learning days no one ever told me of this blood things origin, ie when it started or that it was a flip flop as with organ transplants.So the teachings are flawed by indecision.
    • so i was left to assume it was a belief from earliest times.
    • Its my life observation that jw as a group are among the unhealthiest of people. They are sedentary and have no participation in any active sport.
    • Their understanding of nutrition is poor.
    • so when such a person and possibly with obesity issues goes under the knife the doctors are pushing up hill for a good outcome but I readily accept that otherwise healthy people dont normally need surgery.

also I have had surgery and the thoracic surgeon said out right he preferred not to use blood as a matter of course due to reactions that could occur.

In my case they used blood 'harvesting' recycling through filters and back to me. The hospital required 2 (just two) units of blood to be on stand by in case of 'catastrophe' which I agreed to. It was not used.

and what is the wt acceptance of parts of blood further shattering their doctrine and this thing called 'hemo-pure' which and I believe is derived from bovine blood.. yoiks!

• blondie
    blondie

zeb, when hemoglobin-based products came out I was still an active jw but thinking (on the way out and did not realize it). I saw that they were made with expired human blood and animal blood. It got me thinking. Since jws could not store their own blood for future use, why could jws use stored human blood in these products?

I called the head of surgery in a large hospital, and asked him what he thought if jws told him that they would accept hemoglobin-based products. He paused and said, I didn't know they could. Evidently the Hospital Liaison Committee had not brought him up to date. He headed up the local group of doctors/surgeons that met with the HLC officially. He said he would check with the local jw representative and get back to me. The next day the surgeon called and said that he had verified that the doctrine had changed, that it was now a "conscience decision." I spent the next 2 hours talking with him about the seeming hypocritical stance of the WTS that put jws at risk medically. No I was not found out and df'd BUT after that when he had a question he called me and then called the HLC representative. Wow.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Remarkable. JW's trusting these men with their life is simply foolish and often tragic.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

https://academic.oup.com/jcs/article-abstract/47/4/783/894868?redirectedFrom=fulltext

I hope this has brought up the document of Kerry louderback Wood " The Tort of Misrepresentation Of Blood Transfusions " of Jehovah`s Witnesses

By someone who is qualified and had experiences with the JW religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit