Do You Love the Sea and Mountains?

by compound complex 9 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
  • compound complex
    compound complex

THE PACIFIC OCEAN AND SURROUNDING LANDSCAPE once was home. It held both my heart and my spirit within its mighty bosom.

My impoverished family loved and cherished the sea, stretching outward beyond infinity; but it was I, more than the others, who took to the ever dreary landscape. In a most peculiar manner, the dank surroundings soothed and enveloped me in crawling mists that were more welcomed to me than the evaporating rays of a cavorting summer sun.

I, however, am no longer that pensive lad who found comfort in the dark and cold, deep blue sea. Today, a man in the physical sense, I no longer possess that childlike fascination with my former abode. I reside in The City. Luxuries absent during youth abound, satisfying beyond mere need. The sterile vista I gaze upon is that of steel, stone, glass; its combination in regal, imposing edifices commands my admiring view yet scarcely my heart.

Yesterday's child has vanished from all remembrance . . .

• LV101
    LV101

I'm no writer or have your talent for prose but I love the magnificent sea. Mountains are beautiful but I'll take the ocean any day. I have a direct view of the mountains from my home and Mt. Charleston still has snow on the top - so beautiful -- unfortunately, no ocean here but I race to southern California as much as possible to enjoy the incredible ocean and beach. I do view the most incredible sunsets through my glass house in the desert -- they're purple and peach and coral, yellow, pinks of every hue imaginable - so majestic. What an incredible planet.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, LV101, for the "picture" that you have painted!

I always enjoy your posts.

Blessings and Peace

• compound complex
    compound complex

During a recent trip to the Pacific Coast . . .

• lusitano o tuga
    lusitano o tuga

yahilovethem

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I once urged my mother to move to California because of the forests that they had (We also had some family there). She did that. While I'm stuck in the big city I dreamt of forested places like Oregon where I would live off the land and be surrounded by beauty. Now that I'm fed up with the US I pine for Canada. While poverty keeps me where I am in shackles my dreams have not faded.

• waton
    waton

While the coast is shrouded in mist, and the waves are almost too boisterous for beginner surfing in the winter, there is a lot of sunshine on the pacific coast, on a yearly basis. The Ocean is blue only under a blue sky, and seeing snow capped mountains, in the distance, year round , adds so much to the beauty. ( on a clear day you can see forever)

Having been conceived to the distant sound of the white noise of the ever crashing waves, like mating salmons, i am ever attracted to the water's edge, not sprinkled with amber, like in my Old World youth, but really grateful i can watch the sunset in salt water in June from my house each summer.

Pacific coast? do not miss the great Oregon Shadow on August 21, 2017 ~ 9 am.

• AFRIKANMAN
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, lusitano, Village Idiot, waton, and AFRIKANMAN, for both your beautiful word and photographic pictures.

My imagination must take me places to which, otherwise, I cannot travel.

Best wishes, all . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit