Things One - Third of the Governing Body DO NOT BELIEVE!

by Blueblades 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

All it takes is a two - thirds vote to establish a policy,rule,doctrine,specific date etc.Therefore one - third of the Governing Body disagrees with the other two - thirds.How is this compatible with the belief that the Holy Spirit is leading the GB.

One example of this is the split when discussing 1914.One-third of the GB wanted 1957 to be the beginning of the LAST DAYS and the beginning of the time of CHRIST'S PAROUSIAS.Two-thirds wanted 1914 to be the date.

How could the Holy Spirit be confused as to when these things would take place?

This is just one example where there is no unanimity in the GB.Do you know of any other specific examples of Things One - Third of the Governing Body DO NOT BELIEVE? Millions of lives depend on them for direction to gain everlasting - life.

Blueblades

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I agree that this is not in keeping with the Holy Spirit, but it doesn't necessary mean that one-third of the GB does not agree with all doctrine - only that UP to one third can disagree with any particular doctrine. At any rate, I wouldn't know of any examples of this, but would anyone know how to find out? It could 'splain a few things I'm looking at.

growedup

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And let us suppose there was the required 2/3 rds majority -- that does still not imply guidance by Holy Spirit - because we know from Ray's book , that there are a lot of "YES MEN" on the body -- and they will not vote/think for themselves --- they will just go along with the strongest voice on the body or are afraid of being in the minority --in short -- they are ass kissers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit