God is Real in Principle

by looter 251 Replies latest jw friends

• atomant
    atomant

Just imagine being in a judicial meeting with cofty.You would be hanged drawn and quartered before even given a chance to open your mouth in defence.

• looter
    looter

Thank you KateWild. As for my previous situation, it has gotten a lot better and worse at the same time. My father since then has calmed down and treated me normal because he saw that my mother would get no better. Unfortunately, he got injured and now has to wear 2 knee braces which sucks because sometimes you think if you would have just got baptized, non of this would have happened.

• looter
    looter

Simon you are right they can be immoral, a lot of them. But so can atheist and pretty much anyone. I was particularly looking at it in the way that all parties are moral even taking into consideration the flaws of each. On the other hand, it does seem that there are a lot of blasphemers who operate on their own corrupt impulses under on God's name.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ya gotta have two hands to really grasp a subject...

Blasphemers, lol. That's funny, in a Monty Python kinda way ;)

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Putting religion and morality in the same sentence is an epic fail. They go together like oil and water.

• looter
    looter

I'm not pleading to do that at all, Bonsai. Specifically, I'm talking about the belief in God and morality. The main concept is that a person can trust God and have just as much morality as anyone else.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

God is an imaginary being just like all the Greek and Roman gods it is true that this God you talk about may have these claims of superiority over all other gods claiming these are false gods and he alone is the true God the real one among all the phonies.\

Morals are invention of the mind of not just humans,but lions. chimpanzees, and other hunter gather species that live in a social setting requiring mutual cooperation to exist and thrive and we human interpret this meeting these imaginary rrequirements as good or bad behavior often in a very arbitrary way by inflicting punishment on the bad guy to compensate some imaginary code of an eye for and eye primative justice requirement.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The main concept is that a person can trust God and have just as much morality as anyone else......Looter

While that is true..It`s not a given..

Believing in God does not automatically make you a Moral Person..

Neither does..

Not Believing in God make you a Moral Person..

Some people have absolutely no Moral Compass..

Regardless of what their beliefs are..

• atomant
    atomant

lve observed that some peoples belief systems change like the wind.What does that tell you?And the sheeple are all being conditioned and manipulated without them even realizing.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Leave him alone he's only 18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit