God is Real in Principle

by looter 251 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

Looter is an 18 year old with deep woo word thoughts, set in his ways, doesn't understand computers or basic technology, has a poor grasp of English, can't summarize or explain and shows signs of dementia.

That a decent sum up?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Viviane, do you think Looter is real...in principle?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Nooooope.

• Saename
    Saename

Can we please start again...? (Please no.) And if we do, could somebody please explain to me what existence "in principle" means?

And then, when the existence "in principle" is explained, could we please stop discussing things in this thread...? Please...?

No?

Okay...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If people think that a God is real, they haven't a good grasp of reality in principle.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"God is real in principle." - looter

"I am real in fact." - Sparky1

Does this help you, Saename?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

God being real in principle has a certain vagueness to it for sure. It could mean just about anything, I'm pretty sure that was the intention of the author of those words.

What gets me is how easily people will argue with him over something so vague with out nailing him down on what he means from the get go. I personally found no substance to the first couple of lines of the opening post and would not waste my time further by reading any more.

Saying alot but saying nothing or fog in print is what I call it:

Now the majority of people nowadays do no go by the hope of old times. Now the reason for this is important and goes beyond mere words. Our culture sees ethics especially national or civil politics as the rules and standards by which we guide ourselves(sweep broad statements with with extreme vagueness of meaning). These rules of conduct are external and can be described and discussed in a lot of ways. It seems that the vast outlet one by one possess there own idea from an endless multitude of opinions. Now these are the rules by which we choose how to behave and by which we sometimes judge others. Since this is basically the core of what everyone is trying to edify,(????) everybody can be said to be moral in there own way unless they hold a motive of abolishment or taboo.(????) Atheists in particular invariably adhere to some standard of conduct as it is just what human beings do (why would you single out atheist in particular and then say that's what human being do???).
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Brokeback: I personally found no substance to the first couple of lines of the opening post and would not waste my time further by reading any more.

• Saename
    Saename

sparky1 - "God is real in principle." - looter

"I am real in fact." - Sparky1

Does this help you, Saename?

Yup! Everything's clear now!

• Saename

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit