God is Real in Principle

by looter 251 Replies latest jw friends

• looter
    looter

"Lots of people would understand your main argument." No, they wouldn't understand. They'd just disagree. "Make your thoughts really clear and then be ready to consider counterarguments." Counterarguments are mainly used because people don't care to understand you but they could generally be used just because someone disagrees which is great. "Why don't you try using the quote function? People are trying to help you." It's hard because it requires other things to be on my computer. I just don't have the space to download.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    • Why don't you try using the quote function? People are trying to help you. Are they wasting time?

Yes, 18 year olds know everything and there is nothing you can tell them to change their mind about it.

• sir82
    sir82

It's hard because it requires other things to be on my computer. I just don't have the space to download.

You don't need to download anything, as others have told you. You just need to click the quote button. It's not rocket science.

• looter
    looter

Don't generalize me like that please, Witness My Fury. I never claimed to know everything.

• cofty
    cofty
    No, they wouldn't understand

They would if you bloody well explain it.

They'd just disagree

So what? Are you only here to get compliments?

Counterarguments are mainly used because people don't care to understand you

No. First you need to present your argument as succinctly and clearly as possible. Then others consider your point and either offer support or challenges.

It's hard because it requires other things to be on my computer.

No it doesn't. Just put the bit you are quoting in its own paragraph, highlight it and click the third button from the left.

• looter
    looter

I've tried explaining and it just leads to crossroads. I've explained it best I know how. I'm here to share ideas but how can you share if others don't even see the idea? You can't. I'm fine with disagreement but when you don't even care to understand and disagree because you misinterpreted what I said as a truth that was never said, then it never goes anywhere. "No. First you need to present your argument as succinctly and clearly as possible" Precisely what happened. "Then others consider your point and either offer support or challenges." People haven't considered anything if they don't understand.

"No it doesn't. Just put the bit you are quoting in its own paragraph, highlight it and click the third button from the left." Okay I need to download reader because I can't see that on here.

• looter
    looter
    sir82 that button isn't on mine. That's why I have to download.
  • cofty
    cofty

Looter - bye

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    "No it doesn't. Just put the bit you are quoting in its own paragraph, highlight it and click the third button from the left." Okay I need to download reader because I can't see that on here.

• looter
    looter
    Okay. I've downloaded it, cofty, happy now? I still don't see what makes the difference with or without using quotes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit