God is Real in Principle

by looter 251 Replies latest jw friends

• looter
    looter

Viviane, it's a matter of speciality among humans. That's why I used the word unique which could also mean special. Animals can be sensible but humans have a special type of shrewdness. I just didn't word it correctly but my idea was precise. I do understand words but I'm not the best at wording them and I hope you respect that. I'm only 18 after all and not as experienced as you all are at doing using words. Hell, half of these words was just found out within a year or two ago.

"In fact, you claimed you could not do that. You literally claimed you could not possibly do what you are now claiming to have done" No. I meant I couldn't make it in the way for it to be understandable to you guys. On the other hand, I feel I've articulated to the best of my abilities as there are other people who have understood what I've said.

"I never made that claim. Please stop making false claims." Never said you did. I said it seemed that way based on what you told me. That's why the word act was used.

"You clearly have no idea what "irrational" means" I understand it but indicated that it was natural for some of us to be this way. It's just the way some brains are wired and it's not that different from being rational in the sense as people can naturally have either thought process. And So just because the way you look at the scientific method was compared to some believers means I've know nothing. Look I apologize for that as that was uncalled for but I'd like to think I'm intelligent.

• looter
    looter
    Look, Viviane, you are coming pretty strongly towards me and it's unnecessary as we generally just disagree with each other. And It's coming to a point where it's not discussable anymore but rather just a bunch of short assertions which are not my cup of tee.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, it's a matter of speciality among humans

Animals also use tools and have rituals. Your suggested it was how much that mattered, not whether or not something was special. Which is it? Is is the activity that is special or the degree to which it is done?

Animals can be sensible but humans have a special type of shrewdness.

Animals can be shrewd as well. What is special about being shrewd? I ask because your other arguments have fallen flat and proven to be non-starters when investigated and now you are trying to claim your original points while changing your underlying arguments. I'm afraid that won't do. Please explain how "shrewd" is somehow the essence of humans. Please bear in mind you've yet to explain what the "essence" is.

I do understand words but I'm not the best at wording them and I hope you respect that. I'm only 18 after all and not as experienced as you all are at doing using words.

Clearly you do not understand the words since you consistently misuse them. Since you realize your lack of education and experience, attempt to learn from others rather than beg for mercy when you make bad arguments.

Never said you did. I said it seemed that way based on what you told me. That's why the word act was used.

You said I was acting a certain way. I was not, so your claim was false. I realize due to your admitted lack of experience and education you probably meant something else, so here is a tip. You should have said you felt I was acting a certain way or perceived that and then asked if it was so rather than make the claim. As it stands, you said something false that you now have to walk back when you simply could have asked for clarification.

I understand it but indicated that it was natural for some of us to be this way.

That still doesn't mean in any way that how you used the word was in any way correct. It was not. Rather than pretend that being wrong twice somehow makes you right, just admit your error, learn something and move on.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Look, Viviane, you are coming pretty strongly towards me and it's unnecessary as we generally just disagree with each other. And It's coming to a point where it's not discussable anymore but rather just a bunch of short assertions which are not my cup of tee.

I'm being rather gentle towards you. Perhaps due to your admitted youth and inexperience you aren't used to the frankness with which adult conversations take place.

If you can't use words properly, form an argument or stay on topic, perhaps discussion of a rational nature isn't your cup of tea.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Look I apologize for that as that was uncalled for but I'd like to think I'm intelligent.

You may well be, but "intelligent" and "educated" are two different things. Life experience is another matter altogether. You can choose to get in a huff or choose to better yourself with education and experience. How you handle those things will largely determine the outcome of your life.

• looter
    looter

Animals can indeed be shrewd but that's why the word special was used. We have a superior nature to that than of animals. Animals just don't have the amount of hard judgement we as humans have and if you can't see that then I'm not sure what else there needs to be said. You said, "Clearly you do not understand the words since you consistently misuse them. Since you realize your lack of education and experience, attempt to learn from others rather than beg for mercy when you make bad arguments." Thanks for the advice but this whole thing is a learning process to me.

"You should have said you felt I was acting a certain way or perceived that and then asked if it was so rather than make the claim" Whether or not I would have said that or not, I strongly believe you would have said the exact same thing. But that's just my opinion. "That still doesn't mean in any way that how you used the word was in any way correct." To you. "It was not." To you. We disagree here. Fine, end of story.

• looter
    looter

You know what, you're absolutely right, Viviane. I'm not that educated post secondary and to be honest with you, never been particular good at receiving institutionalized instruction and need to get better. But I'd think you can share ideas without the need to be sparkling in it either.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Animals can indeed be shrewd but that's why the word special was used. We have a superior nature to that than of animals

So now it's "superior nature"? Again, in what sense? You keep replacing one thing you can't explain with another. You've said nothing again. What is a "superior nature"?

Thanks for the advice but this whole thing is a learning process to me.

Then learn. The idea of learning is anathema to your statement of ...

We disagree here. Fine, end of story.

You've literally said dozens of factually incorrect things. Rather than learning, you choose to walk way. How is that in keeping with your claims of wanting to learn?

Whether or not I would have said that or not, I strongly believe you would have said the exact same thing. But that's just my opinion.

There literally would have been no reason for me to refute your claim had you not made it. You're being nonsensical to claim otherwise.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    But I'd think you can share ideas without the need to be sparkling in it either.

So your complaint is that the free gift of learning offered you didn't come in a pretty enough package?

Boo. F-ing. Hoo.

• looter
    looter
    "What is a "superior nature"?" You say that I'm uneducated yet you continue to ask me questions to further keep telling me the same thing. I've already explained it the best I could. Please let it go. "Then learn" In process.. I came here to share my ideas. Since you and others have completely misunderstood them it has lead to all this off topic stuff. You don't understand what I'm trying to convey. "You're being nonsensical to claim otherwise." Like I said before, it's my opinion. "So your complaint is that the free gift of learning offered you didn't come in a pretty enough package?" It wasn't a complaint so much as it was a reason. If there is anything I am learning here, is that some people have no empathy but then again we are at a considerable age difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit