The Pope's Surprising Admission - Priests and Bishops Have Kept Nun's as Sex Slaves

by fulltimestudent 3 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Channel 9 News (A nation wide Australian TV channel, plus the recently purchased Fairfax Newspapers) carried this story on the web news.It says in part:

Pope admits priests kept nuns in sexual slavery

"Pope Francis has for the first time publicly acknowledged the scandal of priests and bishops sexually abusing nuns and says he is committed to doing more to fight the problem. ... "It's not that everyone does this, but there have been priests and bishops who have," Francis added. "And I think that it's continuing because it's not like once you realise it that it stops. It continues. And for some time we've been working on it."

The issue has come to the fore amid the Catholic Church's overall reckoning with the sexual abuse of minors and the #MeToo-inspired acknowledgement that adults can be victims of abuse whenever there is an imbalance of power in a relationship. In the past year, The Associated Press and other media have reported on cases of abused nuns in India, Africa, Europe and South America — evidence that the problem is by no means limited to a certain geographic area."

Link:https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/pope-admits-priests-kept-nuns-in-sexual-slavery/ar-BBTdyO6?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

So again the question can be asked, Where was Jesus when a nun was being raped by a priest of bishop> Did YHWH give a rat's arse about these women whn this was going on?

More to the point, do YHWH and jesus even exist? Or, is this giant religious organisation with millions of believers just another giant money making hoax.

jesus said, according to Matthew 28 verse 20, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”"

But he was not there for these women victims of these criminals in religious garb, just as he has not been there ofr all the kids raped in that church and others (including the Jws.)

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Maria Monk's book, "Awful Disclosures" was debunked as fiction, but it looks like there's no smoke without fire.

• Half banana
    Half banana

What Pope Francis is forgetting is the unspeakable example set by former Popes. My favourite being the first Pope John XXIII in the early fifteenth century. Ok he was one of the Avignon Popes but a pope nevertheless. He started off as a pirate and went on to rape, incest and murder. And no one seems to notice that religious governance is all about power-- and remember-- absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

How people can still believe that the catholic church is of god is amazing to me. Not that I believe any religion is of god or that there is a god in the biblical sense. The predominant reason I think, is that people are lazy, they want to be told how to behave and what to believe. All the basic history of how the catholic church was started is available on the internet, but most people don't want to find out, too scary....

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit