Splitting furs

by Jofi_Wofo 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I'm half listening in on my wife's Zoom meeting. In my decade+ in the org, I don't remember ever getting into such minutia about JW hunting rules.

Apparently, it's OK to kill an animal to use its skin as a clothing accessory, but it's not OK to kill an animal to use its antlers as a wall decoration.

Not mentioned in the talk: whether or not its OK to kill an animal to wear its antlers as a hat.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Control, control, control. Did you see dubtown (spoof) of a meeting at the hall about toilet paper and it’s proper use? Whether the roll should be over or under, and whether or not to “scrunch” the paper before use, wouldn’t want to stumble anyone. Lol

• carla
    carla

So all the guys in the midwest who have their mancaves and basements filled with stuffed deer are quaking in their jw boots now hoping no elders stop by? Will they hide them in their bedroom like lots of ex jw's do with their Christmas trees?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Fuck the cult. I have a bear, Antelope and a 13 point White Tail on my wall along with several fish. I knew of one elder in Wyoming who kept putting in for Dall sheep and finally got one, he had several elk and antelope and deer mule and white tail on his huge wall. The more the cult trys to control the more they will lose.

• hoser
    hoser

This must have been on the local needs part. Sister “Karen” was offended when she was snooping in a jws basement and threatened to cut off her COBE husband until he did something about it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Not local needs. The part about not taking a mother bird and the eggs/ chicks. Despite the reasoning on being kind the real reason is to leave a breeding population.

No mention here on how many guns is too many. I have one each for elk, deer, antelope, birds. And maybe one for the hell of it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And no mention on humanely dispatching the animal. What about raising animals in cruel conditions from birth to death, and torturing them at the end? At least those animals died relatively humanely--a shot in the head is better than leaving them to grow up in filthy, cramped quarters and torture them in the end.

Or what about a common practice of keeping lobsters in a tank, with nothing to eat, nothing to do, for months on end waiting to be sold? They are exposed to bright lights, people tapping the glass and otherwise disturbing the tanks, filthy conditions (those tanks are almost never properly cleaned), and oxygen shortages. Does anyone think about the lobsters kept in these conditions? Better to be killed humanely than this.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Lots of J.W's around the World ignore this kind of nonsense from the G.B. Their control only goes so far with those with more than two sparking brain cells.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

I had this part. I ended it with 1 Thess 4:11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit