Mel Gibson's Passion

by Oroborus21 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

Not sure if this has been discussed already since I haven't been frequenting the Board much. But has anyone here seen an advance screening of Mel Gibson's (he is the producer not acting in it I believe) "Passion" or has heard much about it. It is a scripture-faithful telling of the Gospel account of Jesus' death.

I read an article a while back in the New Yorker and caught snippets here and there. It supposedly is a remarkable film and I can't wait to see it although I think it will only get a limited release. Fortunately being in LA I will have a chance to see it when it is finally released.

later,

Eduardo

• shamus
    shamus

I heard of this movie.. and I don't think that it iwll be released in north america. I would LOVE TO SEE IT. He made it for himself only... and it looks very interesting to say the least.

You will probably be able to rent it when it gets released on DVD... I would love to see the movie.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Last I heard it is due for release in June 2004.

It was just going to be in Latin and Aramaic.

But I believe that the distributors said they wouldn't handle it unless it had subtitles. So they are now being added to the film.

• drwtsn32
  • freedom96
    freedom96

I think it is great for Gibson. He is very religious, and has wanted to make this movie for a long time. Good for him.

• marsal
    marsal

Eduardo,

I read a newpaper article that stated the release date of "The Passion" will be Feb 25, 2004. I can't wait to see the movie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit