How long till they start messing with you ?

by Riley 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Riley
    Riley

So

I have these friends, kind of more friends of friends. I believe their 14 year son is going to get baptized this summer. He also seems to be quite involved in sports and is a really good athlete. His parents are fairly new to the faith. I don't think the elders have said anything.

My questions is once he is baptized, how long till the Elders start sticking theirs noses into his business ? Trying to make him quit his Sports teams. What happens if he doesn't listen ? Do you think the elders are waiting for him to get baptized before they say anything ?

I think they are snakes but what do I know.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

figure out a way to enlighten the boy....like you are really good at sports...enjoy as much of it now as you can, because once you are baptized, you will be kept busy with theocratic activities ( you do know extracurricular activities are frowned upon by the brothers and once you are baptized -because you will need to use your spare time in field service...you don't want called into the back room..( do that spiel like it is a good thing !)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit