The argument over wood petrification and the pertification of animal dung?

by Crazyguy 13 Replies latest social current

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Vidiot...😂😂😂😂 you said "butt stuff" 😂😂😂
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Half banana thank s for the post, I realized there is a difference I think trying to explain it would be difficult to a child. Animal dung seems to be a different story. I haven't read about any dung being mineralized since water has to be involved and it would deteriate the dung. So dung it would seem can only be fossilized. This blows up the idea of animals only being around a few thousand years and a global flood would seem to destroy much of this product.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ brandnew...

Meant every word, too.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Just a qualifying comment Crazyguy. For fecal matter to remain identifiable does not require fossilisation.

The location within the living site under investigation, i.e. in pits away from the dwellings, the texture and colour of the material and most usefully the contents microscopically examined including bugs which feed on dung, human parasites, undigestable wheat chaff, pips from fruit etc, all can identify human (or other animal) excreta which may be many thousands of years old and too young to be fossil coprolites. These latter tend to be individual specimens, the former tend to be found in voluminous and amorphous deposits.

Archaeology is such good clean fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit