A First for Mrs Phizzy !

by Phizzy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Mrs Phizzy voted for the first time today ! We have been out for nearly a decade now, but this is the first time Mrs Phizzy has been persuaded to vote.

She was always afraid that JW's would see her, and then DF her for it, I explained (again, we have been over this before) that they would not do so, and my son had a word in her ear too, which did the trick.

She came out of the Polling Station and said to me "I voted for someone called Teresa May, who is she ?". Trying to wind me up, but I knew the Wicked Witch of Westminster was not on our Ballot sheet. A good thing though, her voting, though I doubt our votes will swing it in this Tory infested neck of the woods, but you never know !

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done mrs Phizzy!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Congratulations to Mrs Phizzy!

Politics isn't necessarily a great subject, and all political parties have flaws, but it does feel good when you go to the polling station and vote.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think voting is one of those noteworthy issues that says you are "making a statement" about your independence and escape from JWism. Just as is burning your "blood card" and just skipping the Memorial.

• Tapioca
    Tapioca

Yes, DOC, I agree that there seem to be just a few acid tests of independence. And voting is certainly one of those (along with burning the card and skipping communion!). Another poster (pale emperor) asked about indoctrinated guilt surrounding the action of voting. I'm so proud of Mrs. Phizzy! And of the pale one! It's not easy to take your place in this world when you've been conditioned repeatedly to view any of these actions as being grounds for DEATH. So many have awakened and are so strong. Well done indeed.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Congratulations to Mrs Phizzy. I am just on my way to vote. This will be the second time I have voted. I felt the same as she did the first time, and still am nervous about being seen. I have waited for my husband to go to his meeting before I could go.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i havent voted for years--simply because where i live is true blue tory--whereas i'm a born-in labour oik---so no point.

but today--i voted. a protest tactical vote. still a waste of time--but at least i can justify saying i told you so in months to come.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well done mrs phizzy.As a Jw you, in effect voted for Gods kingdom under Christ Jesus for all those years ,with no tangible results.

At least casting a vote in your country for your preferred candidate you will see some results whether they are what you were hoping for or not , you had a say in what govt. system was going to operate for the next x amount of years.

Contrast that with supporting/voting for the King Christ Jesus ,he`s mute ,done nothing ,and hasn`t outlined his policies for the "new System" in over 100 years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit