• cantleave
    cantleave
    Oppostate's photo is the right place
  • Esse quam videri
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

A Jacobite Gazetteer - Turin

Basilica di Superga

This church contains the tombs of many members of the House of Savoy, including King Victor (King Victor Emmanuel I of Sardinia), his wife, Queen Maria Teresa, and one of their daughters, Princess Marie Adelaide of Savoy. Also here is the tomb of King Victor's great-grandmother, Anne Marie d'Orléans, Queen of Sardinia, granddaughter of King Charles I and heir presumptive to King James III and VIII from 1715 to 1720; it is through her that the succession to the throne passed to the House of Savoy in 1807.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The Basilica of Superga
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    I photographed it from the Mole Antonelliana- well done
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Next pic.

• oppostate
    oppostate

The Superga Basilica looked like a mosque at first.

Ok, here's the other one:

West Coast Transmission Building on West Georgia, 1971

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/93135911

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

I can see you are going to be difficult to deal with.

Absolutely correct.

Now known as the Qube. One of the first buildings I worked in after graduating Grade 12. I was 17 years old.

The Qube (Vancouver)

The Qube

The Qube is a building in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

It was built as the headquarters for Westcoast Transmission Co. in 1969 and won the 1970–71 Design in Steel Award from the American Iron and Steel Institute. It was known as the Westcoast Transmission Building from 1969 to 2000, Duke Energy Building from 2000 to 2004, and then was renovated to condominiums as the Qube in 2005.[1]

The building was built from the top down. The thirteen-story[2] core was built first then steel was hung from cables at the top and the 9 occupied floors were successively built downwards.[1]

It is considered to be one of Vancouver's most earthquake-resistant structures.[3]

The building's address was changed from 1333 W. Georgia St to 1383 W. Georgia St. during the condominium conversion. It is located in Vancouver's West End, halfway between the main business district and Stanley Park.

The building was used in the television series MacGyver as the headquarters for the fictional Phoenix Foundation, employer of the title character.[4]

• oppostate
    oppostate

Wow! That was an awesome construction project, Esse.

Here's the next one:

On the Third, as the bird flies, half way between NYC and Athens.

An often tourist visited, picturesque Windmill. With a wonderful view!

By a near island-hill-splitting fault on the ocean floor!

Right near where I lived four of my best fun filled years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit