Today's watchtower: obey us, no matter what

by Tornintwo 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WT 15 Nov 2013 - "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith."

Says it all...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Same old message of control, fear, manipulation, guilt, coercion, exploitation .

The GB members want obedient slaves to be used for "their" will and purpose running the publishing house

which they are executive directors of.

If you read the bible God's will and purpose is to identify and stay clear of false prophets.

Too bad Jesus didn't include to watch out for those who might sell and commercialize the Gospel.

That would really throw a sack over the Watchtower Corporation.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    "theocratic direction" is such a horrible and ugly phrase. Yet it permeates so many WT articles, books, and talks. I find it quite repellant. Every time I hear the phrase I associate it with control, sophistry, hierarchy. It also confirms for me just how barren the WTS is of genuine Christian concern for others. I derive great comfort from the snipets of news on this and other websites which evidence the gradual demise of the WTS. The present disposition of the WTS, its writing committee, and "helpers" is such that they are in a lose lose place. As another contributer on this website reminded us recently concerning the observation of Gamaliel - if a work or scheme of things is from man, it will be overthrown.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS leaders / executive directors use manipulative coercive wording as theocratic directions from god comes to them first, so to be in appeasement to god one has to be obedient to them.

So give your money , give your time distributing their literature and obey us for in reality it means your life.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Every meeting and article makes me feel like a character in the novels - Fahrenheit 451, or 1984. I left out Brave New World because that society encouraged sex and that and you should have as much as possible, so that does not fit in to the JW Cult teachings.
  • prologos
    prologos

Finkelstein: Too bad Jesus didn't include to watch out for those who might sell and commercialize the Gospel.

Well, you better have have watched out, - as the tables were flying and the animals stampeded when "jesus" cleansed the temple in his story, and how about Paul: " we are not Peddlers or [colporteurs] of The Word"?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    You are so right!

DarioKehl
    2 months ago

Data Dog: whenever they ask a legitimate question and knowingly address it with a lie, they always use the ol' exclamation point!

Also anytime a publication says"evidently" ( it means there is NO evidence) or - "no doubt" there is compete doubt. Always watch for those words because you know compete BS will follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit