Today's watchtower: obey us, no matter what

by Tornintwo 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• under the radar
    under the radar

SecretSlaveClass: Do you have a reference for that quote?

I realize it expresses the gist of what Hitler wanted the masses to do and believe, but did he actually say that in those words? I could not find that passage in any of the research material I checked.

Even Hitler, the very personification of maniacal evil and hatred, could be less than blatant when it suited his purposes.

• eby
    eby

Secret Slave Class

Can you give us a source for that Hitler quote?

eby

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I will find the link to the actual footage when I get a break from work. In the meantime if you want to watch footage from the 1938 Nuremberg rally, I'm sure you'll find it.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

tornintwo - "...why didn't I see any of this before?"

Because if you had, you'd have had to do something about it.

And for what it's worth, you eventually did.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tornintwo - "whenever they ask a legitimate question and knowingly address it with a lie, they always use the ol' exclamation point! (used only by uneducated, tacky and unprofessional journalists)"...

...he said, without a hint of irony...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Prepare for like in the New World"... I am sure that a lot of them thought of practical skills like carpentry , farming , weaving etc....What fun! Oh no..it is all about obedience (Darn!)

This article was surely prompted by the Bethel Layoffs, Special Pioneer deletions and general downsizing of the full time ministry. I know of some zealous dubs struggling with the halt of the UK Bethel project, morale must be rock bottom. So what do we read?

P7] If we cooperate with those taking the lead today, perhaps finding contentment and joy in new assignments of service, we are likely to have the same attitude in the new world.
    P8] For instance, some members of the Bethel family in the United States have been reassigned to the field and are now enjoying abundant blessings in other forms of the full-time ministry.

That is what it is all about.. Do as you are told, be obedient and be thankful ......coupled with emotional blackmail that this is "God's will" -"You would not want to hurt him, would you?" and the reward is .......Paradise!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Someone made a comment about the last Bethel downsizing a few years ago not realizing there is one that was recently announced.

The more I think about the JW version of paradise, the more it sounds like hell. No freedom to choose your job? no freedom to choose where you live? At least in today's world, you can choose basic things like that (to some degree at least in the 1st world).

Even if everything they said is true, I don't want to live there! I'd rather die (actually I know I will at some point) in this wicked world than to spend one day in "paradise".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Doubting Bro...

Well said.

Every time I hear "but what if they're right?", I remember that in the WT paradise, democracy and free speech would be nonexistent, creationism would be mandated in schools, and non-believers would be imprisoned or sentenced to death.

"If they're right", I'll take my chances with my family at Armageddon.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Under the Radar & Eby:

My apologies for having taken so long to get back to you with Hitler's quote, "Stop thinking and follow me". For some reason it was quite difficult to track down (I'm not exactly a Google guru). Just know that I gave you my word to find it and I take that very seriously.

Here are a few places where the quote can be found:

https://prezi.com/m/kstbmsg_br9z/world-war-ii/

This link is some kind of flash player you will have to page through, but you will find the quote here. Surprisingly you will also discover that Mussolini and the Jap leaders used the same or similar phrases.

http://sierraseportfolio1.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/6/6/10661067/revisedunit7responseassignment.docx

It would appear that I learned of this quote from the war documentary/US propaganda movie "Why We Fight" by Frank Capra. There is footage of Adolf Hitler giving one of his speaches in which he makes this demand. I recommend watching the film.

http://www.historynet.com/no-doubt-frank-capra’s-why-we-fight.htm

• dugout
    dugout
    SERVING JEHOVAH IS THE MOST SATISFYING WAY OF LIFE. This may be truth. BUTTTT were not serving JEHOVAH were serving the ORGANISATION HELLO!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit