Today's watchtower: obey us, no matter what

by Tornintwo 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Today's watchtower:

obey us, obey us even when it seems strange, obeying our man made hierarchy equates to obeying God, sacrifice your own interests, work for us, don't be independent, put your own interests aside, obey some more, preach for us, build for us, enjoy it, obey some more, forgive when we are jerks to you and mistreat you, accept your changed assignment even if it seems cruel and doesn't make sense, don't complain if we move you (eg. to a different k.h.) because you might have to move in the new world, remember you are being trained to obey, remember to put your own interests aside, that's the way we are designed to live - it will only make you happy! Now is not the time for personal accomplishments, you should sacrifice yourself and obey...us, you'll be joyful!

If you do all this you'll get the fulfillment of all your hearts desires in the new world, you can even finally learn in your chosen "field of knowledge" so don't forget there is no need to fulfil any of your potential, get an education or to accomplish anything for yourself now.

OMG why didn't I see any of this before?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Can you provide some quotes?

Thanks!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OMG why didn't I see any of this before?

I ask myself that question all the time!

Image result for pounding head on wall

Doc

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Its really the message of the whole article but here goes: “Independence and an unreasonable insistence on personal preference may be highly regarded by some, but what has been the result? Failure to accept God’s direction has led to suffering, misery, even tragedy. (Jer. 10:23) How we look forward to the time when all mankind will submit to Jehovah’s loving sovereignty!”
    “But what if we were directed to perform a particular aspect of the work that did not appeal to us? Would we submit to that direction by doing our best to carry out and even enjoy our assignment? Most of us would answer yes! Consistently, then, are we submitting to theocratic direction now? If we are doing so, we are preparing for everlasting life under Jehovah’s rulership.”
    “submitting to Jehovah’s present-day arrangements but also by working now to cultivate contentment and a spirit of cooperation. If we cooperate with those taking the lead today, perhaps finding contentment and joy in new assignments of service, we are likely to have the same attitude in the new world.”
    "to cooperate with Jehovah’s organization and care for theocratic assignments.”

“some members of the Bethel family in the United States have been reassigned to the field and are now enjoying abundant blessings in other forms of the full-time ministry. Because of advancing age or other factors, others who were in the traveling work have now received special pioneer assignments. If we cultivate contentment, pray for God’s help, and do all we can in his service, we will experience joy and will receive many blessings even in these critical last day”

“If you are young and are giving serious consideration to a career in Jehovah’s service, why not review some of the material that has been published about various avenues of the full-time ministry and set one of these as a goal?”

“Does spending our time preparing for God’s new world mean forfeiting a better or more fulfilling way of life today? By no means! Serving Jehovah is the most satisfying way of life there is. It is not a matter of servitude under duress just so that we can pass through the great tribulation. It is the way we are designed to live, the way that yields the greatest joy”

“Personal interests and pleasures will have their place in God’s new world"

“Recreation and relaxation have their place, but the pleasure derived from them is increased when we put our relationship with Jehovah first”

• Actigall Ur
    Actigall Ur
    @Torn- Well summarized! I'm assigned the WT reading today so I breezed through it before... yeah, you just about nailed it.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They say it's not under duress, because it is. It's like saying, "We're not a cult! Here's why!"

DD

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I also had to read this pulp. I did my best to put an ironic spin on it.

My summary, don't expect to enjoy yourself now or have any pleasure in life why? Because we are training you for the new world and you aren't going to get any pleasure in life there either.

The couple in the picture planning their new house? Don't expect to build it where you want it, we'll be the judge of what you get and where (and if) you get it.

Kicked to the kerb now? Just training for when you are kicked to the kerb in the new world. Get used to it!

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

F**k this disgusting cult. It's a joyless, blood guilty wasteland.

and I've said this before: I wish nothing but pain and evil for the men on the governing body. If prayer worked or black magic was real, I assure you I'd direct the most powerful beam of suffering right at them. Unfortunately, all I can do is hope; and if something terrible does happen to them, I WILL enjoy the schadenfreude guilt-free.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Does spending our time preparing for God’s new world mean forfeiting a better or more fulfilling way of life today? By no means!

Of course it does; but instead of telling the Truth and selling it as a sacrifice we willingly make, the WT lies and sells it as not forfeiting anything.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Data Dog: whenever they ask a legitimate question and knowingly address it with a lie, they always use the ol' exclamation point!

(used only by uneducated, tacky and unprofessional journalists)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit