Jesus (if he exists) has a heart of stone - a saga about the hurt of children in his church.

by fulltimestudent 10 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Jesus is supposed to care for little children. Mark 10 is often quoted to illustrate his concern.

Mark 10:13-16NIV

The Little Children and Jesus
    13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

But, in the real world, where children can and do suffer, we observe that Jesus does not help. His heart is stone and he does not hear the cries of little children as they suffer.

Here's a specific case that illustrates his stony silence:

This is the story of little children in the care of the Roman Catholic church, whose lives turned into a nightmare, as told on SBS a government owned media network in Australia.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/feature/girls-paedophile-and-cardinal-pell?cid=trending

• Magnum
    Magnum

Awful. It's not just the sexual and other types of abuse that they endured. It's also the fact that when other children were living happy lives with wonderful families, going on vacations, playing, being loved, etc., these children were living unloved in a cold, cruel institutional setting.

I do not understand how any loving superhuman being could watch the horrific suffering among humans and animals that has gone on for millennia and do nothing about it.

• JRK
    JRK

Jesus is as big an asshole as his old man.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How many children die before they reach the age of 10 years in the world today for whatever cause ,and have done so for thousands of years .

Of course his Father , the Almighty God , had no problem executing children along with their parents on numerous occassions , did he..... Like Father like Son.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I wonder just how many physical assaults / sexual assaults against children by Jehovah`s Witness parents or guardians occur each year world wide , that come to the law enforcement / child protection authorities .

I would include denying a life saving blood transfusion to a minor in that catergory.

My guess it would be quite substantial .

• jaydee
    jaydee

Well yes, He may have a heart of stone,, but haven't you seen the T-shirt..?

can't post it here, but 'Jesus is a ....(something)....'

• never a jw
    never a jw

Jesus is as big an asshole as his old man.

Jesus was just a bit kookie. His Dad was supposedly Joseph, and no one knows much about him, good or bad. These are crimes committed by humans among us who used the power of belief to control, exploit and abuse innocent people. Jesus and his Dad are innocent.

I know you are writing in jest, but I needed to point out who the real s.o.b. are.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

How interesting!

No-one stands up to defend Jesus, not that he is defensible, nor does he defend himself (assuming he is alive somewhere in the universe).

Yet over the years, some have stood up to declare their faith in him. Do they too, agree that Jesus' failure to act against those who (in his own church, so it is claimed) committed these great crimes against these children, not just sexually but also with cruel physical punishments.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It's slightly off topic, but in the ballpark as it has to do with Jesus and children.

Imagine the suffering of children on a global scale.... to shocking for us to comprehend. Jesus is a witness to it all, chooses to do nothing.

My child has a severe disability, he attended a large school full of special needs children. I'm talking make your eyes weep special.

A mother of a 14 year old girl, from my sons school, committed suicide some months ago. This woman couldn't cope anymore, many parents and carers in these situations don't. Jesus sees all this, does nothing.

I cannot stress this enough. Fuck Jesus. Fuck that fictional mother fucker all the way to hell.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Well, I like eggs. I like fried eggs, scrabbled eggs, poached eggs, french toast and pancakes too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit