Jehovah Witness girl missing

by Blue 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Blue
    Blue

Why are Jehovah Witnesses involved in so many missing persons reports?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/3266779.stm

• Matty
    Matty

There is already a thread about this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/61934/1.ashx

• sf
    sf

Thx for the news Blue.

Here is another article from same site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/3269515.stm

Police hunting for missing Devon teenager Alicia Eborne remain hopeful that she is still alive.

Alicia, 18, has not been seen since leaving her home in the hamlet of Corntown, near Plymouth, last Friday.

A 39-year-old man, arrested on suspicion of abduction, is being questioned at the city's Charles Cross police station.

More than 60 officers are continuing a search of the area on the edge of Dartmoor.

Police spokeswoman, PC Sharon Newman, said: "We know that she spent a lot of time talking to her friends on the phone.

"Even if she missed an appointment she used to phone and say why she missed it.

"No-one has heard from her since she left her home last Friday, but we are always hopeful that we will find her alive.

"The man we have in custody has been arrested on suspicion of her abduction, not a murder charge."

Earlier, Alicia's worried parents, Anthony and Joan, appealed for her to get in touch.

"Alicia, please contact us just to let us know you are safe and well," they said.

"We love and miss you and want to know you're safe.

"None of us are angry with you, we just miss you and are very worried.

"Please, please just contact us so we know you're safe, we love you."

The teenager was last seen by her mother when she left home at about 0845 GMT on Friday to catch a bus into Plymouth.

Moor searched

Devon and Cornwall police described her disappearance as being "totally out of character".

Officers have already searched the Roborough and Bickleigh areas of Dartmoor.

They have also been searching along the seven-mile route from the bus stop in the nearby village of Cornwood into Plymouth.

Alicia, who studies health and education at Plymouth College of Further Education, lives at home with her parents and three brothers.

She did not turn up at her job in a Plymouth patisserie on Friday afternoon, did not collect her pay packet from work and has not touched her savings.

Her friends contacted the police that same evening when she failed to show up for a planned night out in the city.

• reboot
    reboot

Hi ;

I don't know about many being involved in disappearances...but if that's true I wonder if as jw kids they're less able assess situations.I listened to a radio programme last year about sheltered kids being inequipped in life skills and assessing others because they wer'nt allowed to make choices about their lives and learn from them during their teenage years ?

Makes your heart go cold, dosn't it? my daughter's going out tonight.......we made a deal a few months ago that if she wants to go out she has to agree to name a time to come home and let me book her a taxi there and back, or she dosn't go.....now I know she's as safe as possible.

• Blue
    Blue

Hi Reboot,

I agree about the Jehovah Witness kids being sheltered. Because they are so sheltered they have no real clue on how the world really is. I am glad you have rules for your daughter and that you keep track of her comings and goings and hope and pray for all the children everywhere that someday it will be a safe and peaceful world for all.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit