Mischief Idea

by joenobody 4 Replies latest jw friends

• joenobody
    joenobody

Now normally I don't have the time or patience for the threads that suggest ideas for making mischief at JW meetings etc., but I thought about an idea that would be pretty funny. Alot of Halls use wireless mikes these days. It'd be pretty funny to get some inside information and find out what model and frequency a local KH was using and add some dialogue to an in-progress meeting from outside with your own mike... snicker when the speaker says something ridiculous, whisper "baloney" after a bald-face lie, impersonate Jah and tell everyone you are very displeased and to cut the crap already...

• nilfun
    nilfun

My only regret is due to my inactive status, I won't be around to hear it. Woulda loved for something crazy and/or unusual to happen during the meetings. Anything to relieve the grinding boredom! (exception: being robbed by sword-wielding samuri-ninjas)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

A lot of wireless communication devices simply have a row of dipswitches inside them that determines the frequency the units communicate. If you get a microphone of the same model and find out the dipswitch settings on the inside, they're easy to adapt.

However, a lot of wireless communications are moving into something a little more sophisticated - you have to program a chip inside the unit to set the frequency.

I have no clue how wireless mics are set up since I've never used or repaired them. They may just have a trimpot inside to adjust, and the sound comes through an FM radio. If you get an FM transmitter that is more powerful than the microphone, it's quite easy to override the signal. I've done this before with my transmitter, and it's funny as hell when your neighbor is listening to a country station, and they suddenly hear Megadeth.

• jws
    jws

I seem to remember a lot of the frequencies authorized for radios and wireless mics being in about the same range. If you had a scanner that can hit those frequency ranges one-by-one, it's just hit-and-miss until you find it, if it's just analog. If it's digital, it could be scrambled and quite a bit of work to mess with. Or if it's frequency hopping, it could be difficult to deal with too.

I think broadcasting above certain power levels is illegal without the right permits. So, you'd have to be pretty close to the Hall to make it work. You'd probably end up in their parking lot. And if they had any sense at all, once they knew it wasn't random interference, they'd probably send somebody outside. Even without sense, the first reaction would be to start outside the hall. Be prepared to flee. Now if anybody lives next door to a KH and can mess with them that way, cool!

If anybody does it, record it for us if you can.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Now THIS is a funny idea. And what is the first explanation the JWs in that hall will come up with? Hopefully DEMONIC presence! Quick everybody do a thorough search for items the demons could be attached to. Then give a talk urging people to rat out the sneaky wrongdoers who are thwarting Jah's spirit opening our little cong to demonic pranks. Meanwhile you keep up your "commentary" from outide.When the two above solutions don't work, representatives from Brooklyn will be sent to investigate. Finally they will have to board up this hall because of the demonic activity there. Then you can say, "Well done." Smile smugly and move on the next hall to do the same thing. After a while you can train others to do this. Pretty soon KHs all over the world will be boarded up.

Hey, I think you have just figured out how to bring about the demise of the WTBTS and it's worldwide org. Congratulations are in order. Hurry, get to the drawing board and set millions of people free. I can just hear the music, joy and laughter.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit