Do JW's still go door-to-door?

by Dark Knight 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

With the rise of the new literature cart method of preaching, I'm curious as to how the traditional JW preaching work is organized. The other reason I ask this is that I hardly see JW's door-knocking anymore.

Are they still going door-to-door and tracking how regularly their territory is covered? Are they still using territory maps and keeping track of Do-Not-Calls, ethnic/deaf houses etc?

I'm also curious as to how the literature cart ministry is organized. Does each congregation own a fleet of carts and have publishers scheduled for certain locations within the territory?

Anyone who can shed light on how the JW preaching work is organized nowadays would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DK

• careful
    careful
    In the recent 18-month period they've come to my door 5 or 6 times all the while having a cart at the local Wal Mart. Since I've gone inactive, I cannot help you with those in-house questions you are asking.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes they are going door to door. But they're being much, much more careful with the ''territory records''.
  • Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Hi Beth Sarim!

"Careful" in what way?

• prologos
    prologos
    The new fangled clam meetings are even more " service orientated, " true worship is hard work" and boring training sessions, that pass for worship. gives you clammy hands and foot so[u]les just thinking about it
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I meant ''careful'' in what publishers put down regarding notes on the cards. If one of those house to house cards is dropped outside a car and the publisher wouldn't know. A breeze could pick up the paper and deposit it somewhere. If something ''derogatory'' is written down about the householder and gets in the wrong hands, shit could be disturbed.
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

I doubt that they go door to door as much as they used to. I've lived at my current address for 15 years and the JWs have never came to my door and talked with me or my. Granted I might have missed them before 2009 the year I retired because I was at work during the week.

Several years ago the JWs did leave a tract in our door, as we were out when they stopped by. But we've never had a JW call on us in person. We don't live way out in the country, in fact there are four KHs within a ten mile radius of our house, with ten congregations.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    I suspect the work has slowed down quite a bit. I don't think I've had them at my door or in my neighborhood for at least three years. It is a blessing from Jehovah!
  • jws
    jws

I think I'm flagged. I was having a discussion with one (he thought he was having a study). Then I brought up the UN with printed articles from the Guardian. That was his final visit where he decided he wasn't convincing me of anything and neither would cede our points. Actually, he was dumb. He tried to argue points that made no sense. So he was calling it quits anyway when I brought out the UN stuff.

Haven't seen them since and I am around most Saturdays. Although the start of that visit was a woman who said she doesn't ring the bell, she knocks. Doesn't want to disturb anybody. I'm thinking, "Doesn't want to talk to anybody either".

But friends in other neighborhoods have had them by. I've NEVER seen a cart, except perhaps in pictures.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had a call the other day, I started a Thread on it because it is unusual for them to actually knock my door.

This is the first time I have seen them in my neck of the woods for over a year, it will be interesting to see when they come next, they used to be around every three months at least.

I also have a friend, XJW, who has moved in nearby, but is actually on the next Congo's Patch, I will be interested to hear when they get a call, and when they get the next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit