Proclaimers Book claims anyone can leave the org

by Sanchy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Was going through Proclaimers book and found this little nugget on page 232. There is so much wrong with this paragraph that my head almost exploded when I read it.

However, I was thinking, perhaps those like me that are trying to fade away without "trouble", can use this in the case that an elder should start questioning with intent of escalating matters.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Wow, they're really doing some mental contortions to justify that statement. If you include the sentence right after the highlighted portion, it could be summarized: "If someone doesn't like living by bible rules, they're free to leave as long as they live by the bible's rules."

• sir82
    sir82

Of course you are "free to leave the organization"!

In exactly the same sense that you are "free" to stop paying taxes, or "free" to pretend to reach for a gun when a cop stops you, or "free" to jump off the Golden Gate bridge.

There are horrific consequences, but hey, you certainly "free" to do so!

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I forgot where I read it, but it's called a Hobson's choice.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Yes, "you are free to leave the organization" but you will be shunned by everyone. Remember that.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

You my choose any color you like, so long as it is black.

-Henry Ford

• St George of England
    St George of England

"If someone doesn't like living by bible rules, they're free to leave as long as they live by the bible's rules."

Or, more accurately, "If someone doesn't like living by bible rules, they're free to leave as long as they live by the WATCHTOWER'S rules."

George

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

They don't equate disfellowshipping with infringing on your freedom to leave.

That makes sense, but in the cult mind control you can make anything mean what you want.

Sure you got disfellowshipped...

It's f-cked up, but that is how they all think

• Richard_I
    Richard_I
    This reminds me of how some Witnesses say (in the ministry for example) "Jehovah's Witnesses don't force anyone to become one of them", which I have heard CO's say as well. But we all know that's bullshit and the second someone tells a JW that they don't want to be a JW but just want to learn more about the bible, they will be dropped as a study. There are so many things that are hidden lies in the org.
  • pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    Your free to leave, but don't expect to ever have any dealings with your friends or family ever again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit