This kind of thinking drives me nuts!!

by blindfool 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blindfool
    blindfool

The last sentence in paragraph 14, chapter 4 in the new book being studied, " Worship the only true God."

"Our faith will be evident from the conviction with which we tell others about this magnificent gift from God."

It seems to me that a better thought would be, "Our faith will be evident from the way we live our life and the way we treat our fellow man."

No, according to the WTBTS, the way we show our faith is by spending more time in field service. Following their logic, the more field service time you report, the more faith you have. I'll bet you can't find that in the Bible.

• Sassy
    Sassy

you are right, it is dependant on your preaching in their eyes. Sounds unbalanced to me.

I remember SimpleSally said to me once, the scriptures says you received freely, give freely, so then why do they make such a big deal out of counting time? Why couldn't people just give what they were able and make 'counting' such a big deal. But as this statement above shows, our faith according to the WTS is measured by service time.

~~Sassy~~

• gumby
    gumby
    "Our faith will be evident from the conviction with which we tell others about this magnificent gift from God." ........ I'll bet you can't find that in the Bible.

'Faith without works is dead'

'With the mouth , one makes public declaration....blah blah blah.

These seem to be the two scriptures they like to use.

I don't need to tell everyone the sun is coming up tomarrow because I have faith that it will. If I do not tell everyone.....does that mean I have no faith the sun will rise tommarow?

Gumby

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting illustration Gumby!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

"Our faith will be evident from the conviction with which we tell others about this magnificent gift from God."

Translation: "Sell lotsa lotsa books!"

ESTEE

• lurk
    lurk

filling in the time, sheets counting up the hours .what away to declare your faith

felt like being at school again .

did you ever tell any non JW that you filled in a time sheet evrry time you spoke to them ?.

i kept mine hidden. i was to embarresed to tell ppl .that when ever i mentioned jehovah to them i scribbled down 10 minutes on my time sheet. i began to see ppl as minutes on a time sheet.was like trying to score points with god.

but then doing good deeds became to be like a propaganda exercise. i knew i was only encouraged to do them by WT articles so i could mention jehovah or helping someone out had to be with the purpose of witnessing so they would join the society .in the end i felt like i was being dishonest about the reason i was helping..

now i do somthing cause i feel moved to help :) not because ive got an alterior motive

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    filling in the time, sheets counting up the hours .what away to declare your faith

The WTS is probably calling it a way to declare your faith, but in reality it is used for supervision purposes. Bug

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Our faith will be evident from the conviction with which we tell others about this magnificent gift from God."

the key word is CONviction. When you have NO evidence all you can do is baffle'em with Bull$#!+

if you notice most of religion is about making seemingly valid excuses why the evidence is not there for you to examine.

can I get a CONMEN brother and sisters (^_^)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit