Is it just in the UK?

by anglise 1 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

In our local congs we have noticed that those who have been bought as JW's seem to have the ability to ignore most of the rules.

For instance all the rhetoric about "keeping your life simple" etc.

The only ones who seem to apply this are those who come in as adults and then change their job's, career's and/or lifestyles to comply. The "born in" dubs pursue well paid jobs, posh homes and still get made elders. They also have the expensive and VERy regular holidays and weekend breaks without a word of reproof.

Do they not listen to the talks or dont they believe it anyway.

Anglise

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Don't know if that was really what I saw - I think that there are some people who can play the political game, be friendly and regular in meeting attendance, and then they kind of slide under the radar as far as service goes - it's just how visible you are, really. Give a lot of good talks and everyone will leave you alone and you can chase money or whatever.

I don't think that pursuing money is wrong, but I do agree that some people get counseled more than others. However, jealousy of other people's success is inherently self-defeating. I think that materialism is a convenient charge to bring against someone for political reasons, maybe if one elder wants another one's job, like presiding overseer or something.

Damn, it is so much better out here, where nobody judges you for trying to make a decent living or for trying to improve yourself.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit