My day took a really neat turn....

by CaptainSchmideo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I have been travelling this week for my company.

I was due to fly from Nashville to Newark through Chicago today, but the flight was oversold. The gate agents were begging for anybody to take a later flight to Chicago, offering incentives, but since delaying my connection would have brought me in way too late, I wasn't interested.

Then they announce that those of us who are flying to Newark could instead fly to La Guardia (New York City), with an upgrade to First Class and a three hundred dollar travel voucher. Sold! Too good to pass up!

But wait, it gets better! My seat is next to a young woman who is reading over a script, and is making notations. I chat her up, and O My Gosh!!! I'm sitting next to Drea de Matteo!

In case anybody doesn't immediately recognize her, she plays Adriana la Cerva on HBO's "The Sopranos". I'm embarrassed that I didn't recognize her right away, but she was very pleasant. I tried to be cool, and didn't bother her during the flight while she was learning her script. We did chat while waiting on the runway to disembark. She told me about how the cast was really like (James Gandolfini is really just a big hippie, Dominic Chianese ("Uncle Junior") is a very soft spoken gentlemen, won't swear off camera...), what it was like working on the show. This definitely will be a story I will be boring people with for the next few months!

And no, I did not ask for her autograph, and I definitely DID NOT offer her the magazines or tracts.

What a day!

• myself
    myself

Capt., kewl experience. You should look up Noidea whenever you are flying out of Nashville, she works at the airport.

• morty
    morty

its pretty cool meeting someone famous eh! I have met a few myself but always are lost for words....Did you get her phone number?

morty

• shamus
    shamus

Shut the hell up! That is so kewl!!!

Hey, where the hell have you been? Haven't heard from you in like forever....

When does the Sopranos start? I'm pretty excited about it...

You should have asked her if she could puke for you, or how her puppy dog was doing, the one her hubby sat on in a drug-daze... LOL!

Anyways, so cool! She's hot too!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I thought the season started in the late winter.

Also, this was supposed to be the last season, but they will film ten more episodes, but after a two year hiatus.

And I don't ask for phone numbers from women who are already involved, as was pretty apparent from here cell phone conversation. Besides, my wife would kill me!

Where at the airport does noidea work at?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Now that is a brush with greatness.One of life's little s. Sounds a lot better than my day in the West Michigan Gales of November and low barometric pressure blues.

Heather

PS

Very cool.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is cool when you meet someone famous, and they are not an ass! Makes you realize too that they are just people also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit