will bethel disfellowship married elders who commit adultry or hide them?

by topanga 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• topanga
    topanga

Some are high ranking and their adultry is widely known. The thing about bethel is everyone lies says they don't remember etc...

These elders have no integrity and they don't care about the well being, goals and reputation of their organization.

They want to have their fun and risk everything and everyones future while hiding out at wt.

Even their wives know and keep quiet.

• JT
    JT

your post is most interesting, can we take this off line

[email protected]

• Panda
    Panda

topanga, Is this true? How do you know? Or is this just hearsay? Who do they commit adultery with, sisters from the area?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I find this a little difficult to believe personally. I know of a guy who was in a very influential position in the Canadian Branch. He was a Bethel Elder. The Society actually sent him to Law School while his wife worked in the Infirmary at Bethel.

He cheated on his wife while attending Law School and was promptly kicked out of Bethel and disfellowshipped. His wife separated from him and she is still a part of the Bethel Family in Canada.

I am not saying that what you claim isn't true, but it doesn't jive with my personal experiences in dealing with Branches or HQ

Uzzah

• heathen
    heathen

I've seen an elder who was guilty of adultry and their wife divorced them but all they got was a slap on the hand and retained the elder possition . I think the whole elder arrangement is a joke in WT land . The guy couldn't be more than 30 yrs . old at the time . I'm not even sure they reported the incident to brooklyn . I was never a dub but did study for awhile so was kept in the dark about alot of things .

• Coop Man
    Coop Man

I personally know of an Elder who made passes at a married woman (who was not a Witness), even going so far as to grope her, in public, in front of a Ministerial Servant. He was privately reproved, still retained his Elder status in the Congretation. How am I so sure this is what happened? Because, bad boy that I was, I was sleeping with the married woman at the time ( I was disfellowshipped at the time ) and she was not only in total shock that he had the testicle fortitude to do this in public, but also that nothing at all happened to him within the organization!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But in some congs they are very strict and the elder would be removed and publicly reproved without question - -so it does vary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit